1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

at&t data service on the strip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by random512, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Hello, I think in read in the past that cell phone data service on the strip tended to be patchy. I'm wondering if this issue is now a thing of the past for the most part.

I was able to surf the web from my at&t iphone at various places along the strip throughout the weekend without issue: 4 seasons, hard rock hotel, xs @ encore, blue ribbon sushi @ the cosmo and the route between 4 seasons and Las Vegas motor speedway.

So it seems that spotty data coverage is no longer an issue, at least not for at&t. Has this been your experience as well? Are there some other carriers who are lagging behind and still trying to play catch up?

2. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found ATT to be better the past year or so than prior visits

3. trsopko

trsopko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ATT just announced about 10 days ago that they are now offering 60 wifi access points along the strip at no cost to their customers. The minutes using those access points for better wifi service than the spotty data service people have experienced in the past will not count against their customers' data minutes either. I first heard about this on last week's Five Hundy by Midnight podcast, and it seems to already be in place, as of their announcement.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Service can go from great to poor, depending on so many factors. Getting deep inside some of these buildings can be an issue at times. When you think about, it is amazing they work at all. The radio signals that must be "floating" around... boggles the mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.