1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

At Mirage: Tom C's Heritage Steak House or Portofino?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bluskies, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are the two choices I am looking at (at this moment) for a birthday dinner before going to The Beatles' Love (figured it best to eat at the same hotel as the theater). Any comments about which you prefer? Thanks.

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy Low-Roller

While I haven't eaten at Heritage Steak I have eaten at Portofinos multiple times. My reasoning for not going to Heritage is my host didn't recomend it. He said that it the food is really inconsistent. I really enjoy portofino. Be aware Portofino is not open Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

3. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a little hesitant to try heritage steak on my august trip, but i was very impressed. The tabasco pepper steak i had was top notch. As far as the inconsistency, i suppose that's why it was not more talked about as a top steak house, but it was easily one of my more memorable meals and one i would recommend. Tons of flavor, and they are not afraid to venture outside the realm of traditional.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I can vouch for the inconsistency of Heritage. I loved my cocktail, app and sides. But the steak (well, actually, steaks - I sent the first one back) was, by a wide margin, the worst I've had at a Vegas steakhouse.

5. Steveslats

Steveslats Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Portofino is wonderful. I loved the veal osso bucco. The service is wonderful as many of the staff have been there since The Mirage first opened... and the new chef has rejuvenated the place. One of my new favorites in Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.