1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Assorted notes from recent trip (MyVegas, Tix4Dinner, coupons, etc.)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LAURLUVS2BOWL, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without doing a TR, here are some important notes i have from my last trip to Vegas (Super Bowl weekend):

MyVegas
    Two of my three rewards were nights at Aria. When i checked in the woman confirmed that i had reserved consecutive nights, but i still got a check out alert the morning after i checked in and had to call to confirm that i was scheduled to stay in the same room the next night. Most importantly, i was also charged the $28 resort fee each night for (i am aware it said that it would be on MyVegas, but i had read otherwise on VMB).

Tix4Dinner
    This is the second trip in a row where i have encountered problems with Tix4Dinner. All restaurants are listed on the Tix4Dinner (Tix4Tonight website), yet once i arrived at the kiosk on a previous trip i was told a certain restaurant was no longer available (though still listed on the website). This trip, i was told that my restaurant of choice (Planet Dailies) was available but did not find out til i was finalizing my transaction that i could only use the voucher from 4pm-4am. This is not mentioned on the website and was not mentioned by the employee. My plan was to use it the next morning for breakfast, as i was leaving that afternoon. So, i cancelled my purchase (but not before the 'man in charge' offered the Monte Carlo cafe as an alternative). Read the fine print!

Coupons
    I mainly use slot play coupons from the ACG and LVA Member Rewards books. Not once was i asked to show my ACG member card (with my name on the back). Occasionally i have been asked to show it in previous years.

Ellis Island has improved their coupon policies - used to be that you could only access your free play after 24 hours (since you have to play $10 first and then they'll add it to the card). Now you can access it immediately. Big plus!

El Cortez will not redeem both ACG and LVA slot play coupons on the same day. You must come on 2 different days if you want to use both. Only hotel that i go to that works that way with the coupons.

Las Vegas Club's players club has moved to right next to cashier.

Wynn buffet
    My group got there at about 945am the morning after Super Bowl and had no line. The initial food offerings included mostly breakfast and some lunch, and then transitioned to mostly lunch and some breakfast in the 2 hours we were there. The transition started at approximately 1030 (lunch 'starts' at 11). So just be aware to get there early if you want mostly breakfast and expect plenty of lunch selections even before 10am.

I think that's about it. Hopefully this is helpful to some of you.

Lucky trip 21!!
  2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting this

3. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting!

Paying the resort fee for MyVegas rooms seems to be the norm now. Whatever loop hole was open looks to have been closed.

4. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TANKS for da report..........Ellis Island is something we need to look much more into, especially for the food specials.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ellis Island does not disappoint, as long as you can do with out the glitz and the glamour. The food is amazing for the value and the people are always very nice.

6. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips. Heading to Vegas in two weeks and I have both the ACG and LVA coupon books along with a few myvegas rewards. We will be staying DT for the first few nights so I appreciate your info.

Always seems so far away............
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.