1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Arriving early afternoon on Saturday.....

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by GreggWizard, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was reading some of these threads about getting to your Hotel from the Airport, and I'm starting to wonder......I just realized that we're arriving in Vegas ealy on a Saturday afternoon, which I've never done before. Is this a bad time travel-wise (lot's of congestion?).....If so, what can I expect the cab lines to be like?

Gregg:nworthy:

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you won't have much to worry about.

Saturday is a slower day at the Las Vegas airport and The Strip won't be congested in the afternoon as it would be on a Saturday night.

Either way, what happens is what happens - if somebody were to say "Oh man you are going to be waiting in line at the airport for like an hour to get a cab!" you aren't going to cancel your trip or reschedule it, are you? So don't worry about it and just take it as it is and enjoy your vacation.

3. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about the cab situation... I waited maybe 30 minutes that was at 530pm where a ton of flights come in at....

I am flying out early actually on Saturday from the East coast landing in vegas at 930am, I doubt the cab line will be heavy....

4. MMacys1

MMacys1 Tourist

Of all my Vegas trips (20-25). My longest wait the taxi stand was 10-15min if that. The line is constantly moving, very organized. I am always more worried about the check-in line at my hotel.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would think that Sat arrivals are not that high. Most weekenders would come in on Friday.

Travel up and down the strip will build as the afternoon goes on. But, depending on the hotel, most cabbies know how to come in the back way and avoid the strip too much.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its still probably important if they need to plan restaurant reservations/shows/etc and are trying to figure out when they will have gotten to their hotels and finished check-in.

I haven't tried the Saturday arrival yet (changing this fall), but in general I'd be more concerned about a wait at check-in than for the cab stand. Those lines move fast.

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of my 18 trips to LV were on saturday. I attend a trade show and usually go and spend a few days either end of the trip to relax and take in the sights. Tues, wed, and sat are the cheap days so I often go on saturday. I have never taken a taxi FROM the airport so I cannot advise on lines but I have never had to wait long for a shuttle in spite of all that I have read here in the forum. Now I simply take the bus (WAX) for a quick cheap ride downtown. I would still shuttle if i was staying on the strip. Saturday is a good day to travel into LV in my opinion.

Jimbo338

8. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Everyone, for the replies and information. I just wanted to know, cause we would like to plan a dinner for sometime early evening, and I was wondering what kind of time I should allow....I'm thinking if we arrive at 2:20, by the time we check in at the Hotel and throw our clothes in the cabinet - we should be good to go by 7 pm easily. Thanks again for the help!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.