1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

aria Sky Suite 7/4 - 7/7

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by testing123, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testing123

testing123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

went there with wife, 4 year old daughter and 2.5 year old son on a 3 day comp with 2 tickets to Viva Elvis. the drive from Phoenix was nice and only 1 pit stop since the kids are well potty train. Check in through invited guest and did the $20 trick and score the Sky Suite. The front desk guy was extremely appreciated. We love the sky suite because of the lounge area. also the room (36-018) had an awesome view of Planet Hollywood and wallgreen across the street.

7/4 - prior to checking in, we went to Sam Woo in china town, we alway get the Wontong noodle soup with 1/2 a duck. we love this place and alway goes there when we are in town. the weather wasn't too hot since it was raining. after checking in, took the kids to Crystal so they can run off all their energy. they love the place since it was huge and the design was awesome. walked to planet hollywood to eat at planet dasilies which was extremely good. wife enjoy the lobster omelete and the chowmein which was recommended on yelp. during dinning I went for do the 2012 race. put in a $100 on jacks or better slot and after I receive 29 Reward Credit (RC) I had about $80 left. nothing to major a couple of full houses and flush. then my wife did her and she lost $40 bucks playing some random slot machine but only receive 13 RC so I had to assist her to get the rest. put in my ticket I had left from my session and after about 18 RC I had about $81 left. So it was good. Note we still haven't spend all our credit from the 2011 race. I have about 45,000 point and she has around 40,000. We rarely play at total reward property majority of our play is on MLIFE. afterwards the kids and wife went to bed, it's my turn to rule. :) :) it was around 9:00 pm and I told the wife I would be back around 1 or 2 depending on how I did. went down to play some craps exchange $1000 and did $25 pass and $135 across if I hit then take second hit press and so on. nothing to major it was flat. after the session I was up around $300 which was o.k. considering no major hot roll. if the dice are cold I sometime would go to the dark side and it has worked out well for me before. I normally pass when the dice comes to me. but if I feel it then I would run with it. after about 2 hours I went to pay some pai pow poker $1000 buy in and $100 bet plus the $5 for bonus. Never had anything major but did hit 4 of a kind for the bonus which pays $250 on a $5 bet. it seems like everytime I press I would lose. in the end, I was even from playing paigow. there was an asian girl there that I've meet before that was playing a rediculous amount of money her average bet was $10K per hand. I heard her and her husband lost around $500K that night. She was very nice taking care of the dealer and talkative to all the players and never screaming at the dealer if her hand was bad. one of the dealer pointed out Sammy Farha the poker player sitting at bacarrat table and she mention that all poker player are so rude and obnoxious and that she hate dealing with them. she said they would call her name and make rude remark. after about an hour, I went to play $1 Jacks or better ($5 max bet). for some reason I was getting good hand, I had 4OAK 3 times and a bunch of full house and flushes. it must be because I was using my wife MLIFE card to play on. end result I got a bunch of points and cashed out $310 bucks. Sorry everyone no pictures of the 4OAK. maybe next trip I should do that. Went upstair about 1:30 and turned in.

more to come tomorrow.

2. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, your second post ever and it's a trip report! I'm impressed.:nworthy: I was just there this weekend also. You've inspired me to at least try to write a TR.
    Can't wait to read more of yours!

BEAU RIVAGE - Super Bowl weekend
  3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played bac with Farha at Aria a couple years ago (one of my poker buddies had to tell me who he was). He was pretty pleasant when I played with him. Of course, he was winning, so I'm sure that helped :thumbsup:

4. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

Helps my mood!

5. testing123

testing123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7/5 pool time with family

everyone woke up around 7:30 and we headed for the pool which open at 9:00. Our kids loves going swimming and with the kids pool at ARIA they had a blast. this is other ways to get all their energy out of them. Order some stuff from the Breeze lounge by the pool. We stay there until noon and took the kids back to the room for their nap time. Of course now it's my turn to rule again. I hit the crap table and buy in for $1000. The table was choppy as well until I moved to this table where the guy was betting $500 chips. I did my usual $25 pass and $135 accross with all small, all tall and all or nothing. We went around the table a few time with no major roll. Until he rolled again. there was a new guy that came to the table and was curious about the all or nothing bet and the guy was nice enough to explain it to him. So the guys said put me $25 on each. And somehow the roller forgot to put up his usual which is $200 on small $200 on tall and $100 on all. You guess it!!!! he roll all those numbers. based on my calculation he missed out on $35K. He was discusted with himself. he was picking up his side bet but missing out on that really hurt. Of course right after he roll snake-eye to complete the all, he 7-out. I didn't make much because I was feeling sad for the guy. Oh well, that's life they say. I walked around and play some JOB and lost $200 quick without any major hit. I then tried the pai gow poker and lost around $700 as well. By then the kids woke up from their nap and we headed for some all you can eat sushi at Sushi House Goyemon, courteous of YELP. I have to admit, the sushi was great!!! the sushi was fresh and you can order 1/2 roll so you can try other things. our kids are well behave so we had a great dinner. we get comment like "your kids are so well behave". My wife really know how to discipline our kids by taking to them so they can understand right and wrong. I on the other hand use the "time out" strategy. :) :) Afterward, we took the kids to Circus Circus hoping to show them the clowns in real life since I've been reading a book about them. :evillaugh we waited for about 45 minutes and only the Trampoline people did their stuff and it wasn't even good. I guess this is what you get for free. :grrr: never again will I take my family their due to the smoke smell. YUKE!!! after that we took the kids back to the aria and it was time for bed. At this point I am really enjoying the trip since we work all time and don't get to spend enough quality time with our kids. it's nice to enjoy vegas with them and when they are in bed the adults to enjoy the nightlife and the gaming. Of course after the kids are in bed, it is my turn to rule so back to crap and paigow poker. Let just say nothing to write home about since I loss my ass off. everything went wrong even when I went to the dark side. And at paigow I would become the dealer trying to change the dealer hand but that didn't go so well. Oh well, better luck tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.