1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Pool Side Lounging

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by scc31, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Not talking about the day clubs or whatever, just referring to the pool and getting a tan while sipping on some juice or beer. Anybody ever done this at Aria? It looks like they recommend reserving a Lounge chair for $15/each... doesn't seem like its worth it if i'm budgeting and if it's during the weekday there might be lounge chairs anyways?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gone to their pool many times. Never had a reservation and always found a chair, although mid-day on the weekends it got very busy. Weekday, you should have little problem finding a chair

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the Aria pool. Plenty of places to sit, shady or sunny. Music is fun but not obnoxious.

Drinks and food are a bit $$$, but what the heck, it's Vegas.

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can find a chair at pretty much any pool if you get there right when the pool opens. However, if you don't want to get up super early to go to the pool AND you want chairs in the sun, the $15 is not a bad choice. You just have to go claim your chair before noon or they can give it to someone else.

I did it purely because I wanted to make sure I'd get a chair in the sun and those are usually the first to go in the mornings. I just didn't want to get up that early. Plus, you get the chair all day so you can leave for lunch or leave for a couple hours and not have to worry about losing your chair.

5. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Myself and my wife had no problem finding chairs on July 4th weekend around 10:30pm....that was about 2 hours before the pool started to get floaties/drinks spilled etc...ugh those pools are disgusting, easily the dirtiest of all 4 hotel pools we stayed at during the 3 weeks!

6. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Hmm interesting... can somebody also comment on the hot tub use? Is that a separate entity where I have to pay more? According to the site there's a therapy pool and a hot tub and other commodities that does look like its seperate from the pool. I'm planning to spend maybe 9-11am by the pool before all the kiddies go in but I can see myself lounging after lunch as well.

7. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found that you can always get a chair, it fills up but there are still plenty of seats available at anytime of the day...They may be in the shade but it seemed to me like people come and go and so you can always move later on to be in the sun. I wouldn't rent one- but if sun is important to you and you think you might be out later and would prefer sun, then you might want to do it.

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aria pool area has, I think, 2 hot larger hot tubs. Maybe its just one, but I am fairly certain it is two. I have not used them, but my sister has and she says you could just walk up to them and get in. I believe they are close to the entrance, near the glass wall separating the pools from the buffet dining

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  9. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

You guys are extremely helpful. I'll elect to save myself $30 and just hope to find a chair early in the morning while dipping in the pool/hot tub and then go for lunch buffet. I'm trying to be fugal a little while spending on necessary things... ahem.. gambling/shows.

10. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they offer self serve water, grab the Aria plastic cup bring to the rooms to reload your own cocktails save a few bucks this way. never a question when i came down with the logo cups

11. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should have no problem, especially in the morning. My wife and I were there last month, got there around 8:30 (a little before you plan to) and there were plenty of chairs available, both in the shade (what we were looking for) and in the sun. I think there are actually three hot tubs, located where UKFanatic says they are. One was noticeably hotter than the other two. I loved just floating with my head back, seeing the Aria tower through the trees. Very relaxing. I'm not a pool person at all, but Aria will be our new spot for summer trips, just because we liked the morning pool time that much.

12. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the chairs, including the free ones come with drink service. Tip well and your server will stop by often. I wouldn't pay for a chair there.

13. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from six night stay in Vegas. Three nights at Flamingo, three nights at Aria and each of the six days we used the pool at both hotels. Both pools were enjoyable, but each had a different vibe and condition .At the Flamingo, you were out of luck for a lounge chair if not there by 9-9;30. In fact the 10 am floor show was watching people searching, moving solo chairs to different locations, watching pool personal remove towels from unoccupied chairs, people complaining about no where to sit etc.etc. Once the day settled in it seemed to work it self out. A good time at a blue collar party pool.

At ARIA, the mood was much calmer and laid back. There was no squbbles over chairs, there was enough chairs for everyone all day long, still all three pools were crowed, The music was approate and the servers frendily and readily available.

I would not opt for the reserved chairs because it not necessary and your restricted to a certain area that roped in,so your basiclly told where to sit. Plus the most telling answer comes from the consumer, these chairs were mostly empty.

I don't know what is ment that the pools are dirty? I didn;t see any of this at either pool, although I did not have my water test kit with me, don;t forget in some form they are public pools.
    Speaking of conditions, the Aria pool complex was well maintained and clean, not so much at Flamingo, the lawns and shrubs around the area are in need of some attention as wells a certain degree of poeple effect about the area.(trash)

Three hot tubs at Aria. Close to the entrence. The other therapty pool that was spoken of is part of the Spa area which is about two stories above the pool complex.
    I had good time at each, party and loud music at Flamingo, laid back and upscale at Aria. Both side of the coin in one week, love Vegas!

14. thebig0

thebig0 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    scc31
    Spent a week in May 2014, never a problem to find a couple of chairs between noon and three. There are three pools so at that time it was not a problem. After three things start to thin out, by 4-5 lots of spots open.:beer:

15. doubleon10

doubleon10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in June during EDC (read: lots of interesting people lol) and never had a problem finding a couple of chairs, however finding them in the shade i little tougher. Service was great, had some drinks and food and had a great time. The hot tubs are to your left after you walk past the desk to get your towels, there are two of them next to each other and were quite warm.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.