1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria host offer-best approach?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Harry5, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the process of booking two trips to Vegas this year,each for 7 days,in April and September.

I have a host at Aria,who approached me on my first stay at Aria two years ago. After that she sorted out a nice comp for me for my next trip and I have been emailing her about these next two trips.

The first is a guys trip in April and I am happy with what she has offered-three weekend nights comped,the other four at $99 with a promise to review play at the end (similar to last year when she knocked an additional $150 off the room charges).

The second in September I am not sure what to do with. The second trip is with my wife and some friends and I wanted to book a panoramic corner suite. My host is quoting me approx $3600 for the week,saying this is a 20% discount on rack rate. It isn't. The website price is just over $4100,so the discount is less than 15%.

I have to say I am disappointed with this.

I am Platinum at MLife. Last two trips I have earned circa 160k in tier credits each time. Whilst I go to play poker (no comps I know) I mix that up with some slots and green chip blackjack. My gambling budget is $7k for the week.

I really like Aria and want to build a profile there. Health and wealth permitting I expect at least one trip a year to Vegas in the future. But I do feel as if I could do better.

Do you suggest:

1) Waiting after the April trip and renegotiate? I appreciate that my host only has the numbers for two trips to look at.

2) Hold off booking until much nearer the time when prices might be better.

3) Look somewhere else?

4) Does the host have little room to manoevre on these rooms compared to a standard room?

Am I being unrealistic? Greedy? I don't wish to be. Just want to be treated fairly-my experience to date has been that my host is not generous but fair,but this time it seems low-I feel I could beat that rate myself.

I expect to gamble the same amount on both trips.

Thanks

Harry.

2. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would wait. The offer should get better and you can talk to her face to face when your out there. At least judging what I get and gamble with you should get a comped room every night. Maybe not a suite or food, but definitely the room.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Wait until after your next trip, and try to talk to her during it, like Greg said.
    • 15% off rack rate is no offer at all; they're likely to have publicly available 20% or even 30% off offer codes at some point.
    • $1,000 a day stated budget is way too low for them to comp 7 nights upfront in a Panoramic Corner Suite, especially if any of that is budgeted to poker. They are upping the bar at Aria. I think you might be able to get them to agree to 3 nights up front on that bankroll.

4. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify-I have no expectations whatsoever that my host would be comping me 7 nights upfront in a Panoramic corner suite!

I was hoping that she might comp one or two nights and the rest discount a little. Instead of being $4100 for the week,perhaps $3k.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't think that's unreasonable.

On the other hand, you might be able to get close to that by using discount codes that come out over the next several months, without going through a host.

6. tiffs17

tiffs17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i am getting the same thing from my host at Aria. Staying 5 days, only comping 3. Rest are regular M-Life night and look at the play. Standard room. And I had a $289 a hand average on the last trip - which was also a 5 night trip. 20 hours. Blackjack is my game.

7. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the Aria a couple of times. I am going to Vegas three times in the next four weeks. I only booked the first trip. I will talk to my host about the subsequent trips at the end of my first trip.

I find that hosts are more likely to offer comps when you have a face to face conversation, particularly after a night of good play.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20% off of rack is kind of standard for a player with some history who doesn't rate the offer. So if you want that suite, I'd call your host and tell her the rack rate and ask her to take 20% off of it.

9. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally, I have found it harder to get comps at the Aria than at the Bellagio, with the same level of play.

10. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the helpful replies.

In light of these I will hold off booking and instead speak with my host during my next trip,hopefully after I have churned some decent numbers but without serious loss!

Taking into account Mike's point above,it would appear that I could expect to be able to get the price down a bit more. I will look out for promo codes but haven't seen a lot on smartervegas for these suites.

I am interested by the feedback that Aria comps seem the hardest to come by. Whilst I like Aria a lot I am not attached to the place. I am unlikely to increase my level of play substantially in the near future and given the distance to travel it is impractical to come to Vegas for less than a week (a $7k bankroll over 3 days rather than 7 would of course be more interesting to my host). It might be worthwhile looking elsewhere in future where my level of play might be valued more....?

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Panoramic Corner Suites normally list for about $500 /night so your host is not doing you any favors.
    Keep checking the website frequently to look for price drops which might happen.When you sign up for their text or online promos you can almost always get 15-20% off.
    You could consider booking a regular corner or a tower suite and trying for an upgrade at checkin.
    The $20 trick would have to be $50+ at Aria.Theymay say there is a daily upgrade charge also.
    Worth a shot.
    I would not reccomend telling your host your budget is $7K.You won't get much love in terms of a suite for that.

12. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Nittany. I will keep an eye out for offer codes as you suggest.

No,I don't tell my host my budget and I have no illusions of being comped for anything more than a couple of those 7 nights in the suite. However,she will see my numbers from the last two trips and know that I am pretty consistent. I will be again in April.That is why I was a bit disappointed with the offer. I valued the April offer at around $900 discount on the rack rate (including the expected $150 comp on food I have been given at the end of the last couple of trips). I had hoped that she would at least offer that discount off the rack rate for the suite and perhaps a bit more given that it would be my second trip of the year and I was clearly a loyal customer. Once I add in meals,room service,spa etc I would expect to be spending around $10k for each of the weeks that I am there,which I would have hoped might have been more interesting to my host than it seems to be.

13. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually,scrub that. The April offer works out at around $1400 off the current rates for that week (three weekend nights free plus 4 nights at $99 plus $150 food credit compared to current rack rate of $1657 for the room alone for the week). So the September offer looks really weak in comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.