1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria free buffet reward disappeared

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Mexico, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexico

Mexico Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone has anyone else noticed that the free buffet reward has gone and there is now only buy on get one free available:cry::thumbsdown::cry: I'm just about ready to redeem my rewards for my trip at the end of the month and was going to get this one ,my second choice would be the mirage which seems to get good reviews , anyone with any opinions on this or any other recommendations for the various buffets on offer thanks xxx

2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wait a day or two, I am sure it will be back. It just might be higher priced. If you look at online reviews, it seems the only people that go to it are from MyVegas or got free buffets with their room package. LOL We've been there 3 times, 2 for dinner - both awful (clearly the first time we went, it was not a fluke!) and 1 time for breakfast - it was OK but who can mess up breakfast?!

3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I think that was the gut reaction when Aria room rewards went away too... I was disappointed by that and I will disappointed if this is a permanent thing too- I was hoping to try Aria and Bellagio buffets on my next trip, but I don't think I would pay for bogo at Aria if I can still get 2 comp to Bellagio.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're back. Seem to be the same price too.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhh, here's the catch:

The Aria buffets now contain this in the terms:

"This reward requires a one night minimum room stay at any MGM Resorts international property. Please present your reservation confirmation number at the MLife desk in order to redeem your reward."

6. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that you're going to see that condition on a lot of rewards. Started with Freeplay and now this. I think MGM believes, probably correctly, that a lot of MyVegas players are staying at non MGM properties.

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo!

Not only that, but I would bet a fair percentage are staying at CET props with comps and/or low rates. Therefore, they stay free or cheap at CET, get free food from MLife, yet only (minimally) gamble at CET so they can keep the comps flowing.

I personally am fine with the change and hope it carries through to other rewards...... Anything that removes the freeloaders and rewards the loyal ones, I support!

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This doesn't really affect me because I stay at MLife properties 90% of the time.

But it just shows that MyVegas is just getting tighter and tighter with the rewards...

9. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too.

I think maybe we have found the happy medium between the game going away completely and everyone getting all their shit for free forever... They really should have been doing it this way all along...

10. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On one hand I understand them doing this. On the other there's a lot less incentive for potential new players to check out your property. At least now you have a chance of getting new people through your doors.

11. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider this extremely bad news.
    I am usually staying somewhere else...but when I come to an MGM property to redeem my buffet, I gamble, shop, drink etc while I am there.
    I guess I won't be anymore if they put these rules in place on all the Rewards!
    [​IMG]

12. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Likewise. I would never pay to stay at an MGM property and the reward restrictions on the rooms prevent me from considering them either. That being said, even though I stay with competitors, I played quite a bit with MGM before and after my free shows and buffets (to the tune of several hundred actual losses over a couple sessions). That money would have never seen an MGM slot machine if it werent for the myvegas rewards.

Maybe if they gave me better offers than $79 midweek I would consider them, but not when I'm getting free nights (and maybe some food) for other competitors with theo of only 3-5 hundred a day.

13. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first reaction to this is to say that it makes sense for MGM to do this to keep things within their property. Then I read your post, and thought about how I always stay at the Mirage now, the reason I first decided to stay at the Mirage? ... someone recommended BLT Burger to me and I went and ate there. I ended up loving it and decided to book my room at the Mirage on the way back from CA a few weeks later. I've stayed there ever since. So I think you have a very good point there.

14. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

I agree!! I'm soo jealous your are going to Vegas in 14 days! I have 23 days to go. BOO!!

15. salukidean

salukidean Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its critical that MyVegas get more of the partners they've been talking about and do it soon. Otherwise, changes such as whats been done with the Aria buffet will be the death of the game. I give it 6 months unless the rewards improve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.