1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria City View Corner Suite: Transportation?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, this is an embarrassingly dumb question, but I'd rather ask on here versus asking Aria and sounding greedy. They (Aria) were super generous and gave us a comped city view corner suite for 3 nights with some freebies, which delighted us.

I know the tower suites provide transportation at corner view panoramic view and above, but I just checked Aria's site, and it says "Transportation To and From Airport (*City/Panoramic View Only)". The city is what threw me. I am guessing if transportation was provided, it would have been mentioned in the offer, but since it says city view, if anyone else has had a corner suite city view comp...did you get transportation?

We booked Bell's shared limo transport (so beats a ticking cabbie fare...), but you have to cancel within 72 hours to get a refund...so if we found out late notice transportation was provided, we'd be stuck. I'd just be kicking myself if I found out transportation was provided and I booked an alternate source.

I know, dumb question...I haven't had a suite at Aria yet though, so this is uncharted territory for me---so be gentle please! :D

Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't ask the question, the answer is always no :). I'd call, and mention what the web-site was showing and ask if you are entitled to a limo. All they can say is no.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not assume it is, or is not covered. Call back in and find out what they say. As to the shared transport...not aware of what he shared limo is, but we hate having to share anything and wait for somebody. I think I read that it is $14 per person each way on another thread. Cab is under $20. Same price for 1, 2 or 3 people. Uber would be even less.

Looking back at your original question, the ONLY way you will know for sure is to call and ask. It is not like you "might" find out inside that 72 hour thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, don't feel greedy, just call VIP Services and ask.

Only thing I have close to this is once I booked a Sky Suite via phone to VIP Services using the MLife Tier Discount. The confirmation letter I received said that the Sky Suites concierge would be contacting me with 72 hours to get flight info. I think they also emailed me a form to use to send them that info. I emailed back and said it was way too early for me to know my flight info, and I ended up cancelling the reservation before I ever got a call about the limo.

This was all before they implemented the Tower Suites concept, so no idea how they're doing it for that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well you three are some of my favorite posters, and always have good advice. You're right, the worst they can say is no, and nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll just phrase it that they list "transportation" for city view room; I'll feel less gutty then! :D A slim chance at yes is always better than a guaranteed no...thank you all again!

Sooooo far away still...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nauriel

Nauriel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know what they say.

7. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fully agree! They all (Chuck, Josie, nostress) are smart players and experts on comps.
    People like them make this board valuable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again everyone, always great advice.

I called, no transportation on this one, but I feel better for asking. And I just asked if "transportation" was included, I felt a little less pushy ;) I did book through Bell Limo Share though, another VMB lead, we're excited about the trip...almost there!

And JeJas, totally agreed on Chuck, Josie and Nostress, they (and you) always have great insights on comps!

Sooooo far away still...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Very nice to hear that.

Thanks for the nice comments. Sorry you didn't get the limo, but at least now you know for sure :) Have a great trip. I'll be around at the same time you are. Keep an eye out for that green VMB bracelet. I'll be wearing mine.

10. Top Dog

Top Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they give you a reason why? It seems like you meet the necessary room level- is it not valid on comped reservations?

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also consider inquiring at Aria what it would cost to have one of their limos pick you up.
    Not sure but it would probably be more that BEL or Presidential.
    Charge it to your account and have it covered by backend comps if you play enough.
    Can't remember if you have a host but that is something they would arrange.

12. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Nittany, I think the backend comp idea for the hotel-sponsored limo is great for people to consider, I'm really glad you mentioned it, as I know it'll help many.

For me though, Aria was actually extremely generous with what they gave me, especially for my level of coin-in, so I have no problem paying for the transportation. We're just doing Bell Limo share---$64 round trip total for both of us, just tip on top.

Top Dog, I didn't ask why, as I honestly was surprised to even get a suite comp/FP/FB for my play level. A free room, yes, they've been generous on that in the past, but I honestly don't think I'm at suite-level for a comp, but I am very happy nonetheless.

JosieCat, I'll be on the lookout for your green VMB and have one too. Now, if you borrow the santa hat in your pic, then I'll definitely know it's you! :D

Thanks again everyone, and happy Vegasing!

Sooooo far away still...
  13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completely understand. Paying for transportation can be less expensive than pushing your play to cover it.
    Have a great time.
    Looks like you will be at B when I arrive at Aria.

14. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our timelines are very close....looks like VMBERS will be taking over Vegas that week. :) thanks again Nittany and have a great time!

Sooooo far away still...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.