1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria breakfast/lunch buffet Vs. Mandalay Bay Buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Irishkicker23, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be purchasing a breakfast/lunch buffet through MyVegas and have narrowed it down to these two. For those who have sampled both buffets, which do you prefer and why? Thanks!

2. michele14

michele14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only speak to Mandalay Bay - we ate there twice last week, once for strictly breakfast, and once for brunch as we got there at 10:15 and they were starting to bring out lunch items. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. I had read a few negative reports and was a little apprehensive about eating there. The food was very good, great variety, including an omelet station, hash browns, waffles, pancakes fruit and yogurt bar, lox and bagels, flank steak, salmon, salad bar, breakfast pastries and more. The service both times was very good, our server always around, cleaning the table and bringing additional drinks. I would definitely eat there again.

3. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

I'll speak on Arias lunch buffet.

I ate there for free so this might be a little bit unfair.

I think I enjoyed it more then Wicked Spoons dinner (which I ate the night before). That should just give you an idea of good it was. It was everything from Sandwiches to Sushi. It also had a good seafood station. IMO I would go back to Aria just for the lunch buffet even though it's nothing special. I think for breakfast it might be a little bit better else where. But when I went it was lunch already.

I would give it a solid 4/5 stars in terms of Buffet and that's because I loved the crabs. They were fresh and the selection was very good.

4. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

I've eaten at both and I'd recommend Aria without a doubt. I hated MB buffet and would never eat there again even if it was free. Aria was very good but I only ate there for dinner so can't comment on the breakfast.

5. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input and advice. I appreciate it.

6. ezmoney74

ezmoney74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before 11, Mandalay Bay. After 11, Aria.

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was last summer but i would never go back to MB buffet, service and food is just terrible and me and GF left hungry after eating at a buffet. Aria is decent and if you have a deal or get it for free i would go, paying full price i much rather head over to Wicked Spoon.

8. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Mandalay for lunch. I've never had a bad lunch buffet there. And I can only speak on Aria for dinner (favorite).

9. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I've done MB, Aria, Bellagio, and Mirage breakfast/lunch buffets through myvegas- Aria is my favorite by far. I liked the atmosphere of the MB dining room, but I'd stil pick Aria for breakfast or for lunch. I will say pass on their stuffed red velvet pancake, I found it dry and not that tasty. Definitely get some gelato- the peanut butter is fantastic! If you're in to bread pudding, I really enjoyed it at both buffets.

10. KR_5150

KR_5150 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten several times at the MB Buffet and while I'd say it's below the Wynn, it is comparable to PH and Paris. I like the breakfast a lot and lunch is good as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.