1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria 6/6-6/9 highlights

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Marshall, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshall

Marshall Tourist

Jan 25, 2016
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This was an unusual trip for my wife and I. All of our previous trips have been just us as a couple, this time there were 2 other couples joining us and made it a slightly different feel to it.

I'm just gonna hit the highlights if this trip and try not to ramble on too much.

We flew Agilent from Boise and it was pleasant. No concerns either way. One of the other couple we traveled with stayed in a corner suite so we were able to share the complimentary limo to and from the airport.

We stayed at Aria this trip, all of our other trips have been at lower end properties on the strip. This may have changed our minds however. The overall feel was very nice and relaxing, every person we interacted with was very polite and friendly.

We arrived at noon and were able to check in right away without and early check-in fee. We had a room on the 29th floor with a view of the Cosmo pool and Marquee Club. Room was beautiful and clean.

The pool was amazing and well staffed, good energy and very fun.

I would highly recommended Aria for anyone.

We don't usually make a lot of food plans, just kinda roll with whatever we feel like at the time. This is what we hit this time:
    • Javier's in Aria- Very very good. service was outstanding and foos was very good as well. Moderately priced considering where it is located.
    • Dicks Last Resort:(was dragged here by another couple) We visited this place about 8 years ago and had a pretty fun time, with that being said ***Do not under any circumstance go here. $15 beers was the highlight of this place. Service was shotty at best and they aren't even that mean any longer. If I'm going there I want my server to leave me emotionally scarred. Food sucked as well.
    • Shake Shack-This is probably my favorite place in vegas. If it was up to me we would only eat here.
    • Eggslut-So luckily drunk me is good at chatting people up, we were walking through cosmo on Tuesday the 7th after drinking at the pool and walked by this place while they were putting the finishing touches on the place. I started talking with Nader the GM, and got myself and the group I was with invited to a pre-opening tasting the following morning. We dropped in and I have to say the food is simple but amazing. Give this place a shot and you'll be glad you did.
    • Secret Pizza and Five50 Pizza- Both were great, cant go wrong with pizza right?

We did a few things we had never done before but were fun none the less.

• Ka @ MGM- Not gonna lie, was pretty dissapointed in this. It felt like it was a bunch of small pieces that didn't fit into a whole. Some parts were spectacular but over it was a let down
    • High Roller- We have done this the first night the last few trips we've been on. The cabin with the bar is always a good start to a trip and I always suggest this to first timers as well as seasoned Vegas vets as well.
    • Gondola Ride at the Venetian- Been to vegas 6 or 7 times and never done this. It was fun but probably a one a done.
    • Zip-line on Freemont- We did the taller of the two. It was really fun but I'm not a fan of standing in line for an hour. Glad we did it but probably wont do it again. Would recommend if you haven't been before.

This was a very fun trip and very unusual for us, we played tour guide a majority of the time which was fun showing places we've been and seen, almost felt new again.

I will say there were a ton of kids compared to the last few times we've been, not good or bad cause it didn't effect us but just something I noticed. I have 3 kids of my own, but watching them run around it stressed me out and they aren't even my kiddos.

I'm a very low roller ( a couple hundred a day) and we pretty much broke even...and by that I mean my wife won at roulette what I lost at craps.

Thanks to everyone who posts TRs that keep me sane between trips. Till next time guys and gals...
  2. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

May 1, 2014
    capital of Texas
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with you on Aria and Javier's - we too liked our first stay there.
    Wow - chatting it up paid off in a nice way - we definitely will give Eggslut a try next month.
    Glad y'all had a fun time - it's nice when the 'old' familiar becomes 'new' again through other's eyes.
    Thanks for sharing! Great summary!
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Jan 21, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! I didn't mind Ka, but I got lost by the story line as well. I feel like a lot of Cirque shows seem disjointed. And $15 beers at Dicks? Blah. But other than that, seems like things went pretty well! I've always been tempted to do the gondola ride...but hell, I haven't even done Madame Tussaud's at Venetian yet! lol

Thanks for sharing!
  4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Mar 25, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Shake Shack! Always busy though

The Gondola is a one and done. I didn't want to do it the one, but the girlfriend made me
  5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Oct 3, 2004
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly want to try Eggslut. I've heard good things about it from West Coast friends. Yeah the gondola ride is a definitely a one time thing - I've done both inside and outside once and it was fine. No repeats.
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Aug 6, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forward to trying Eggslut. Breaking even is a win!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

May 7, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eggslut was really really good! Had to wait in line about 45 minutes from back of the line until they actually gave us our food but we both agreed that it was well worth it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.