1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria 6/4 - 6/8

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LinusCaldwell, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinusCaldwell

LinusCaldwell Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

After several years of gaining great information from this board, I definitely owe a debt of gratitude. This is my Trip report for 6/4 – 6/8, with omissions to protect the innocent.

Wednesday 6-4. I hit the gym in the morning and tolerated 4 painful hours of work. Flight at 3:45 out of MDW. I’m at gate a4b, which is a walk through a long tunnel and into an excluded area off to the side. A beer at the airport, and two gin and tonics on the plane make travel better. Arrive at McCarran and get bags and navigate through short cab line. Cabbie offers to take me the “fast” way and avoid bad traffic. I tell him “no highway,” take Swenson. Get to Aria and I try the $20 trick to upgrade to a corner suite or crystals suite. The desk clerk makes several calls and does several queries on the keyboard, but eventually declines any upgrade. No $20 dollars for her. I end up on the 39th floor with a view of nothing. Room is fantastic nonetheless. Aria is great.

Take a shower to wash off the plane and head downstairs to meet A and Y. They arrived earlier in the day and have already indulged in craps and the pool. I am jealous. Get my Mlife card and we walk over to Twin Peaks for dinner. Sit at the bar on the third floor and enjoy the views. Great views both right in front of me, and over the bar (lookout onto the strip). We order the queso to start and I have a gin and tonic. I am made fun of for not ordering a large beer. I eventually order the pulled pork sliders despite warnings that fries are not included. The queso and sliders are delicious, mainly because it’s my first meal of the day after having been awake for 16 hours. The service continues to be excellent and we tip well.

Decide to head over to Monte Carlo for $5 craps. The $5 craps table is full, but we stand around until space opens up. Eventually the large southern-accented chick who isn’t really playing leaves and I throw down my $100. I played for 3 gin and tonics and ended up down $93. A continues to play using his “system” that involves hedging where is never up or down much. Y and I walk over to Cosmo and find seats at the Chandelier Bar. I enjoy a Manhattan and a gin a tonic and enjoy the scenery.

After a while we decide it’s time for the strip club. We decide to do Crazy Horse III this year because Spearmint Rhino has been prohibitively crowded and has become more expensive. I call the free limo that comes in ~ 30 minutes. I tip the limo driver $20 and admission is waived because we came via their limo. I give the host $20 to get us a table. We get a table and are immediately preyed upon by dancers. Without going into details, I will say that we were impressed with CRIII in terms of value and quality, especially considering it was Wednesday night. After spending enough and declining offers of additional “partying” we head back to Aria. I have been up for 24 hours + at this point, but we decide to go over to lift bar at Aria to close the night. One more gin and tonic and it’s time for bed.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without going into details??? What a letdown. Come to think of it, that's kinda what strip clubs are for, lol :bang:

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Details needed!

Nice report so far. I'm having a serious internal struggle with myself when it comes to Aria. I really want to stay there but I also love the Mirage...so I like reading Aria reports to pick up info.

4. longnex

longnex Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ready for the rest. Enjoyed the first day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.