1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are these thing worth doing?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Ratdoggy, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Are the Gondola rides at the Venetian worth it?
    2. The Eiffel tower restaurant at Paris NY worth it for lunch?
    3. Pirate show, I don't know which Resort has it but is it worth it and where is the best spot to see it from.
    Thanks

2. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Gondola Ride is a nice romantic break if you're with your significant other. You can pay extra and go for a ride for two or get a discount when there are 4 guests aboard. Did this once, 10 yrs ago so don't know the cost.

2) Can't Help...Sorry

3) Pirate Show is Free! At TI (Treasure Island) and a block fro the Gondola Ride at Venetian. If your in the area, check it out. Price is right and many say worth every penny ...free...get it :evillaugh

Tim
    T-12
    RIO

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a mans perspective on these. I assume you are not planning on doing them alone.

1- no, corny and expensive. Not too romantic if everyone is staring at you and its inside.

2- no, too expensive for what you get. you can be having alot more fun elsewhere.

3- no, too crowded, have to wait too long. wish i had a beer and a seat.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1- Its pretty cheasy to cruise thru a man made canal and shopping center in a mock up Gondola.

2- There are better views and restaurants for less money if you are just looking for a view.

3- I had fun grabbing a drink and watching the Pirate Show at Treasure Island, its free, the only rub is you gotta get there a bit early to get a place you can see from.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do go to the Pirate Show, they do have signs about possible pickpocket people. Just put your money/wallet in your front pocket and you'll be fine.

The show is free, so go for it and also see the volcano at Mirage. Also free.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Never did them. Just seemed odd that you were floating inside a mall. I wouldn't like it, if I did it, it would be 100% due to my gf.

2) There are better places for lunch, and if you want a view, I would pick someplace at night.

3) If you are in the area, why not. I wouldn't make the trek down there just for this. Just watch it from the bridge right in front of it. FYI, it isn't really a pirate show anymore, it is the Siren show. I'll never say no to hot chicks dancing, but you can see that at most party pits, so don't spend 30 minutes walking to see it. :)

7. BrendanMc

BrendanMc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't done the first two, so I don't have any input on those, but the pirate show is cheesy to me. It's good to see once if you're nearby, but all the dancing isn't my thing. It does have fire and loud noises, so that's a plus.

8. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing I forgot to mention on the Siren show. They cancel this a lot from my experience. Anything above 5mph gusts of wind and I think they cancel due to the fire. :)

Again, I'd still see it. Just don't spend a lot of time getting there and waiting for it.

9. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Are the Gondola rides at the Venetian worth it?

no not really lol. If your in italy yes but come on your in a high end mall... its like a tourist trap inside a tourist trap located in a tourist trap lol PASS

2. The Eiffel tower restaurant at Paris NY worth it for lunch?

i haven't eaten here but i do hear good things. If its just a view you need drive down to Mandalay Bay, take the elevator to the top floor where Mix is located and enjoy the view without paying a dime.

3. Pirate show, I don't know which Resort has it but is it worth it and where is the best spot to see it from.
    Thanks

Located at Treasure Island and its no longer a pirate show. Its called the Sirens of TI. Still an awesome show ! definately a must. I would try to catch one of the last shows since its hot as hell

10. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only done the Siren show. Since I was staying at TI I got VIP viewing, so I got to see the stupid, cheesy show up close. Total waste of time. If you have nothing better to do and are in the area, I guess it wouldn't be too bad, but don't make any special effort to see it. You will be disappointed.

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say check out the TI show if you've never seen it before. I mostly enjoyed it for the hot chicks shaking their asses around.

12. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

13. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The gondola ride is kind of cheesy, but your sweetie will probably love it. Spend the extra cash so you don't have to share the ride. I had someone I know share a ride with an older lady and her teenage grandaughter..the kid bitched the whole time...buzz kill.

Have lunch at the Mon Ami Gabi, out on the patio(if it's not too hot) Eiffel Tower restaurant seems over the top for lunch....maybe for a nice dinner.

Pirate show? Oh, hell no!!!

Winter break
  14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im suprised of all the folks hating on the TI show, in a city where almost nothing is free this is a nice little perk if you happen to be walking the strip having a drink. The chics are smoking hot and and its FREE. I wouldnt go out of my way for it, but if you are on the strip and on a budget its worthwhile.

15. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Eiffel Tower is awesome, but really going at sunset is what makes it that nice. You can however, go up just for a drink and appetizers at the bar if you don't want to pay alot for dinner. If you do want to have dinner, 'friend' the ET on Facebook and from there you can get message the manager. He will then take care of the reservations for you, guarantee a window table, and if it is a celebration, have the table set with red dishes and covered in rose petals. NICE!!

I'm not sure if I should have posted this little 'secret' but it was truly a great experience when we last dined there.

:beer::beer::beer:

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is well worth the time to walk through the mall and SEE the gondola ride.

For Paris, it is sort of cool to go up to the top. The restaurant is okay. Lunch out front at Mon Ami is better.

TI - if you are in the area, okay. And if the weather is nice. Same with the Mirage Volcano. Nice, but I guess I just don;t get it.

17. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sirens/pirate show is great even after all those years is still impressive to see the big boat "sink" the fire from the explosion is intense you can really feel it

18. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. gondola rides are cheesy, but they are also fun. is it a tourist trap? yes of course. i did the gondola with my dad about 10 years ago. it was awkward...so i suggest if you do it, do it with a significant other.

2. never done this, sorry.

3. skip skip skip! i don't care that this is free; it is such a waste of time! the original pirate show was great. this siren one is crap. as another poster mentioned, yeah the women are hot. big deal. you can see hot women everywhere in vegas. it's too crowded and not entertaining unfortunately. if you happen to be there when it's going on, sure check it out. but i would never go out of my way to see it.

19. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. while novel, I agree with most that the gawkers from the mall kill the mood...and if you are going anytime soon, the heat would kill me during the outside part... and from a guy with two degrees in music (currently working in HR, holla!), the singing is atrocious.

2. if it's a view you want, we somewhat enjoyed just taking the elevator up to the view deck...it was actually kind of terrifying with the high winds we had that night, but when we could handle the 10 seconds without fear of dying, the view was neat. lots of coupons for 2-4-1 out there...I think it was maybe 10 bucks for both of us... I second Mon Ami Gabi

3. I think it's corny and too crowded...but if you are in the area, why not...it's free to judge for yourself. we always catch a couple of Bellagio fountain shows...that's free and much more entertaining to me.

20. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid the pirate show. Tried it once and absolutely regret it. It's too crowded, it's difficult to see anything, and its not entertaining anyway. Just a waste of time

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.