1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are rents negotiate

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by sailorar9, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sailorar9

sailorar9 Guest

Are rents negotiate, say 5 or 7%

2. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a landlord, but not in Vegas, everything is negotiable, especially in a competitive rental market. But with that said, with Vegas being one of the top foreclosure cities, I would think that landlords have their pick of tenants and are probably getting increasingly higher and higher rents. But, as the saying goes, they can't say no, if you don't take the chance and simply ask. I would also think you have a much greater chane of negotiating with a person that owns several units as opposed to a corporation owning a large complex. But complexes usually have incentives. One more thing, if you are willing to have a longer length of lease it is easier to negotiate. Good luck.

3. Twinks

Twinks Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am moving back to Vegas May 1 and just spoke to a few Realtors. They said everything is negotiable. Rent as well as deposits. That is, if you seem to be an ideal tenant with a good income, excellent rental history and good credit. I was told by several agents that good tenants are hard to come by in Vegas and most landlords are flexible if they know they are getting a good one.

4. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I rent my house and we negotiated our lease. My brother moved into an apartment late last year and he negotiated his lease as well. I'd say it is the norm.

5. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 4 rentals in Vegas and have taken less than asking. usually it is a 2 year lease than rather than a one year lease. I have
    volunteered to lower the rent for several tenants after the first one was done because they were good tenants. One house the tenant
    after 2 years asked me how low I would go if he would sign a 3 year lease. I lowered it 125/month for that. I had already lowered it 100 after the first year. So now he pays 225 less than he did at the start. But, I value a good tenant and will do what I can to keep them.
    They value me as a landlord and even though they are just one person they want to stay.

I would lower the rent depending on how many are going to occupy the house, Remember when landlord first list they do not know who is going to apply and have to ask the top in case a full house wants to move in. I limit numbers of occupants but to be honest one person looks better to me then a family of girlfriend/boyfriend and 4 kids jointly. So in answer, of course rent is negotiable.

6. sailorar9

sailorar9 Guest

are rents negotite

Thanks for all comments. Hope to be out there in April.I am going cold, looks
    like Henderson. Got 2 places that I really like.Got to get closing date first.

7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i live in the high rises by city center and basicaly every property i looked said they would work with me depending on how long the lease was or if i took it right away.. just so you know i knocked 150$ in rent of my apt in 2 minutes with the broker and agreed to sign and give a deposite that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.