1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are cameras allowed

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Atlsooner, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do people do with all these pictures and videos?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Youtube, Flickr (Facebook - {GAG!})

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This must be something new because I have seen every Cirque show except Mystere (the last one being Zumanity this past November) and at every single one they have been adamant about no photos allowed under any circumstances!

4. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to only 2 shows that allow cameras - no flash - Zarkana and then Mike Hammer downtown. Vinnie Favarito became very angry with someone who he caught twice with their cell phone out - I don't think she was taking pictures but texting - and he got pissed. At the beginning of KA they have a routine in the play about cell phone/cameras - pretty cute.

For a person who is paying $100-200 for a show you don't want the person next to you to constantly have a camera or a cell phone out -- it would be disrespectful. We sat next to a couple during KA a few years ago. She was not using a camera or cell phone - She just talked through the whole show -- Every single acrobat feat she would yell out in delight -- I mean every single one - which is almost the entire show. At first it was kind of cute but after about 10 minutes of constant awwing and cooing I was wishing I had a sock - I could tell they were somewhere from the south - deep south - I'm from Texas so I know a redneck when I see/hear one.

Unfortunately you can't ban annoying behavior from the shows.

5. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya! I know it's a neat trick, but to scream after every one gets old and deafening!

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But you can notify an usher. If someone consistently makes noise (or light or whatever) they are hampering your enjoyment of the show. Most theaters I've been in are vigilant about asking people to stop, but they have to be made aware of the issue first.

As for cameras, years ago I was taking pictures of my friends (facing away from the stage) at our seats in 'O', 15 minutes before the show started. And the usher got UGLY with me. I understand not wanting to disturb actors. I even understand not wanting photos of your set/stage/engineering to be released. But photos of people with no theater in screen? The usher's response was a little out of proportion to my infraction.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, fairly new. I saw Zarkana back in November and it was allowed then. I saw KA in February and May but I don't remember if photos were allowed in February. I can't imagine Zumanity would allow photography because of the nudity. Maybe they figure that its going to happen anyways, might as well tell people to not use their flash. To be honest, not too many people were taking pictures around me which was nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.