1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Arawan Thai Bistro and Dessert

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DaiLun, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taken from my TR. If you like Thai food and have a car or don't mind taking a cab, I highly recommend!!!!

Arawan Thai Bistro and Dessert
    953 E Sahara Ave
    Ste E-14
    Las Vegas, NV 89109

This is located in the same "shopping center" as Lotus of Siam. It's not in a very "nice" part of town, located at 953 E. Sahara. Those of you who don't have a car will need to take a cab or Uber or Lyft.
    However, if you are adventurous, you are in for a treat.

I met a friend "J" here. We ate at Giada's in July of last year, and it was her turn to pick. She tried to get reservations at Raku (a "serious foodie" Japanese restaurant) but was unsuccessful, so we went to Arawan.

She knows that family that operates this restaurant. We ordered "between" medium and spicy for all the dishes.

I was having problems with my phone and only got ONE picture of one of the desserts, but asked the waitress if she would send me some pictures of the dishes that we ate.

TOM YUM GOONG NAM KHON
    Shrimp in a delicate “Nam Khon” white broth seasoned with lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, mush room, fresh Thai basil and other aromatics.
    A large bowl will serve 4-6. Spicy and a good start to the meal.

THAI LEMONGRASS CHICKEN WINGS
    Marinated chicken wings stir fried in “Tom Yum”sauce
    This was, IMHO, the only "down" dish in the meal. My friend and I both agreed that they were "bland" and would have benefitted from a glaze of the chili sauce that was served with the fried wonton skins

THAI STEAK SALAD WITH FRESH MINT
    Tender marinated flank steak grilled and served with ripe tomatoes, mints, red & green onion – topped with homemade semi-sweet chili lime dressing
    My friend ate most of the salad and left me the steak. Yum!!

ARAWAN PAD THAI
    Fresh prawn wok-stir-fried in a tangy tamarind sauce with rice “linguini”, egg, green onions and bean sprouts - topped with crushed peanuts
    Well, if you want Pad Thai, definitely order the Arawan Pad Thai. It was excellent!!! Wrapped in a "fishnet" (no fish) of egg and rice. Beautiful presentation.

DUCK RED CURRY
    Roasted duck, Red curry paste, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, bell peppers, zucchini and sweet basil leaves
    Went vbery well with the white rice that it was served with. Probably not a good fit with fried rice.

COCONUT TREASURE
    Young coconut ice cream, fresh young coconut chunk, sweet sticky rice, crunch peanut, coconut milk sauce, coconut jelly, and tuile cookie.
    We ordered two desserts and split them both. This was my favorite of the two.

MANGO ISLAND
    Mango gelato, creamy sweet sticky rice, mango passion fruit cremeux, crispy waffle, whipped cream, crunch almond, mango sauce, and creamy coconut sauce.
    I thought the mango was overpowering for this dish, until my friend suggested that I eat it with some of the coconut ice cream. That was the trick, and settled it down quite nicely.

Mango_dessert.jpg

Everything was quite yummy. Presentation was fantastic. It's really a shame that my pictures didn't come out, but next time I will bring a camera that works (instead of my phone).

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have Arawan on my short list of restaurants for our next trip so I appreciate for the review. The restaurant is located in the same dumpy shopping plaza (Commerical Center) as Lotus of Siam. A 3-course lunch special is offered on weekdays for $9.95.

http://arawanthaibistro.com/lunch/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.