1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anything to watch during wsop?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by DBear, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

I arrive this friday and really only have this night available with my schedule. I just realized wsop is happening. Friday night schedule has event 41, $10k seven card Stud hi lo 8 or better championship. Is it worth taking the rio shuttle over there later in the night around 9 or 10pm? Schedule says it starts at 4pm, how late do they play, til midnight? Or until x number have been eliminated? What are the chances they'll still be playing at midnight?

Given I've never gone before and given its a $10k event where I assume many big name players will enter, does anyone think it's worth walking around an hour or two?

2. bta15

bta15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 10k stud8 tourney will be running, the $1500 10 game from the day before will still be going and the $10k 6hamded NL final table should still be going.

Between the 3 you should be able to see decent poker and a few big names.

The stud8 plays 8 one hour levels + 1 hour dinner + 2 15 minutes breaks so it should go until around 2am before they call it a day.

Also, not sure if you play, but there last daily deepstack fro that day starts at 10pm. I believe the entry is $135 so you could walk around check out some pros then jump in the tourney.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poker is one of the most boring things to watch. Many, many hands do not get shown down. However, the times I went to WSOP there were some cool hospitality rooms just outside the play room where you can pick up some swag. Full Tilt was even giving away free beers and stuff. Phil Ivey came in while we were there and posed for pictures with us.

4. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Yeah, I just plan on walking around for an hour or two. Hope to see a name or two. Getting some swag would be icing on the cake. I'll play this by ear as I only have one free night so might do other things. But I really would like to walk around given I don't think I'll ever be in town during wsop ever again.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.