1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anything to do in the vicinity of the Speedway?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by nhcris, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy has booked the Dale Jarrett thing at the Speedway next week, and my other friend and I aren't sure we want to hang around and watch him. For the first hour or so he will just be getting trained and stuff and it sounds boring to me. I am guessing he will be there around 3 hours, but I really don't know. Is there anything fun to do near there? I have read that North Vegas is rather shady, but I don't even know if this is considered North Vegas. What would you do?

2. salukidean

salukidean Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

Salukidean is right, there isn't much in the area. LVMS is in the middle of nowhere, which for a racing complex makes sense. It's an easy drive to get there though so you can drop him off and head back downtown or the strip and do whatever you want.

4. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I was afraid of. His appt is at 4 so we might just check out the Cannery and try to get back to watch him do his laps. I think we will hit Downtown after we pick him up and he can celebrate with a deep dried Twinkie :)

5. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you guys want to do some driving yourselves, check into U-Drift... Held in the parking lot of LVMS. They have some beater cars (300zx iirc) all set up for drifting and they wet own the lot and teach you the basics of drifting ( muh harder than it looks). It's good fun, a bit of a rush and will easily kill an hour or so (you get about half an hour in the cars).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.