1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone use Super Shuttle?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Happygirl21, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just trying to decide which way to go taxi vs shuttle. Last visit I got hit for $23. to Caesars ( first and hopefully last tunnel ride:nono:) Wish I was more assertive I just called the guy out, paid the fare, gave no tip. Just don't want to get annoyed right from the start.

If I do take a cab to PHo which route should I request?Swenson to......???

If anyone has used SS, how was it? Did you have a long wait time, travel time to hotel etc?

Thanks a bunch:peace:

In the planning phase.
  2. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've taken a shuttle every time I've been to Vegas and probably will this time as well. I've never taken SS, but I've taken a bunch of others like Bell Trans and some Airport Limousine one. I've heard some stories of people taking a long time to get where they are going via shuttle, but I've never had an issue. Always a quick pickup/drop off for me

3. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super Shuttle has only been at McCarran for about one month. We always take a shuttle to/from hotel. Have been burned by Bell Trans twice, so we gave SS a try last week. We were very pleased with their service on our first try. Efficient at the airport and on-time hotel pickup.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was easy to make a reservation on line but when I used it I was disappointed it was similar to the others available. I was staying at Orleans (off strip) and had thought (according to the website) they "grouped" you according to area and took off at a more convenient time with a smaller service area for delivery. I was last (someone has to be) to get to my hotel. We went to Hard Rock; Aria; Harrah's; Circus Circus, and then Orleans. About 50 minutes once we left to my destination. Not such a tight area for delivery as I expected. This was approximately 8:45 in the a.m. (departure). Total cost was 10.00 $ (8.00 $ + 2.00 $ tip) done ahead of time on line.

I may have been looking for too much but was only looking for something more. The van was clean and the driver courteous. One thing uncomfortable was they took your bag and then you got on board. Your bag went into the back out of sight. Once on board the tickets were taken and destinations announced. I heard more than once "This one? Any others?" as there was no connection to destination when dropping off the bag. My bag was the last one on and it all worked out....but all I could think of each stop was "Oh I hope he doesn't take the wrong bag" and then watched as we left to see what they walked off with in tow. No problems and again, courteous and clean.

Even so I think I will stick with cabs from now on upon arrival.

Returning I happened to see an airport shuttle (I think that is what they are called) dropping a passenger and I asked (at 9:00 in the a.m.) if I could hitch a ride. It was 10.00 $ including a 2.00 $ tip and was at the airport after 2 stops in 20 minutes. So it can be done. One way anyway.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the shuttles many times, mostly good, but if you are off the strip it is possible to have many stops and long trip.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took them this last trip. It just happened they were the first company I spotted as I left baggage claim, so I gave them a try.

They took my money, gave me a ticket and told me to wait with about 25-30 other people. A big shuttle came up and they loaded all but 4 of us on that one. Then a van pulled up and they put us last 4 on it. Total wait time on the curb was about 10 minutes, but we sat in the van for another 10 minutes waiting to "fill the bus."

The driver was pleasant and luckily I got dropped off at TI first while the others were going to MGM and Excalibur. Cost? $8 to Strip and $9 to downtown one-way before tip.

I noticed the name AWG Ambassadoron the side of the buses and limos there. I suspect they are just franchising the Super Shuttle name.
    http://news.supershuttle.com/news.php?include=144741

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.