1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone use Clark County shooting complex?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by tominiowa, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was going to fire my pistol some and saw it is $9/day to use it. Does that come with any paper targets or do I need to bring everything
    to do some target shooting. Would like your general impressions of the place.

Thanks in advance for your reviews

It is located where North Decatur road ends , outside the city north. Not too far from me

2. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't have to bring a thing. I can't speak for pistols. I took the whole family there last year and it was great. They make you watch a 10 minute video and that makes you 'official' and hand you a card as to being trained. Then you can rent shotguns($10/hour), rifles($10/hour), bow($10/hour) and arrows for a flat fee and the ammo (if they have it) is pretty cheap. We wanted to fire rifles but they didn't have any .22 cal. They mumbled something about the fed govt buying up all the ammo as their gun control...whatever. But they had plenty of shells for a 12 gauge shot gun ($3.75 for a box) and we shot clay pigeons for an hour, then went to the bow range and did some archery. They provided the targets and clays. There are instructors(free of charge) with you at all times to show you anything from how to hold a gun to using the clay pigeon release. All the employees were very nice and we had a great time. The whole experience cost about $50 for the whole family.

I know, what kind of dad takes his whole family to play with guns....the best dad that's who.

PS: It may not look like a long ride but to get that far north in the valley does take a while, so allocate a little more time than you think. But it's well worth it. The facilities are excellent.

My daughter getting instruction.
    [​IMG]

3. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info.. would love to check this place out on my next trip. Almost did last year!

4. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live Durango and 95 so I am way North already. You can shoot your own gun and use your own shells can't you?
    I want practice with the pistol I have in my home and wife needs to learn more with the shotgun we have.

Thanks for the great review , I appreciate it

5. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You most definitely can use your own guns and ammo. Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.