1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Anyone update me on blackjack at Monte Carlo?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by seviay, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying there in a couple weeks on a comp, and I want to give them some play. I know MC doesn't have good video poker, so I plan on doing mostly blackjack, with maybe a little craps. I doubt I will stay at a craps table long enough to even be worth rating, so my main focus is blackjack. I haven't played blackjack there in maybe 2 years, so I wanted to see if anyone had played there recently. During the week, am I going to be able to find a $25 game with good rules? I hate playing CSM, and I hate 8 deck shoes, so I would prefer it to be either 6-deck, S17. I think they typically have a $50 pitch game, but I can't remember. I won't be playing at the $50 level though, so that doesn't help me.

Thanks.

Oh, and if there is miraculously a decent $0.25 VP game somewhere on the property (98% or better), I would love to know about it.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're out of luck then. Monte only has 8 deck shoes or CSMs for anything under $50. All games are H17 outside of the high limit room.

They do have a couple crappy low limit 6:5 single deck games I believe. But... yuck.

3. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn! Thanks for the info. No wonder it's usually dead in there. Maybe I will end up putting in more time on the craps table than I had anticipated.
    Do you know if they offer BJ switch or free bet BJ?

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t believe you can find S17 games at MC for a quarter anymore. At least I couldn’t last time I made a check (I believe it was during my Thanksgiving ’13 trip). The June edition of CBJN says the same thing. According to it, the $50 (I’ve found they’re usually $100) six deck and double deck games (S17) still exist in the HL room. But other than that, you’re looking at a six deck H17 game (good rules otherwise) that is CSM or an 8 deck H17 (good rules otherwise) that is not CSM.

If you want good S17 games for a quarter, I think Aria, Bellagio and MGM are still your best bet, especially during the week.

I can’t help with VP. I haven’t checked their offerings in a few years.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - they do have BJ Switch dealt from a 6 deck shoe, which I've always found to be weird because all their regular shoe games are 8 decks.

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped her in April and played briefly. The high limit room had DD and shoe games with S17 with a $50 minimum. I believe I saw non-CSM shoe games on the floor at $25, but they were H17. I didn't stop at any of the games on the main floor, so maybe there were better tables

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.