1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone tried this???

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by burdog, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just looking @ flights out of CMH to LAS and found 1 that connects thru CLE, (both are within driving distance from our home). That flight was $513 r/t so I thought I would check that flight connection just going direct CLE-LAS. Taking out of Cle was OVER $1020 for the exact same flight that I would be getting if I went CMH-CLE-LAS!!!! Wondering what would happen if we were to book the CMH-CLE-LAS connecting flight and then happen to miss our flight @CMH and catch up with @ CLE? It would save OVER $500!! By the way it was on UNITED.

2. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't show up for the CMH departure, your entire flight will be canceled by United and you wouldn't be able to board at CLE.

3. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought it sounded too good to be true, oh well just wait and see if SWA has a sale. Thanks for the reply.

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There might be a way

Price it as 2 one ways...they can't do anything if u get off at the connection

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I hate it when they do that.

But as someone else said, as soon as you don't check in, they cancel your ticket.

6. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

How close are you to Detroit?

I live in the Cleveland area, but we are flying out of DTW on SW. Cost with direct flights was $347 RT. Lowest out of CLE for the same dates was $633. And both legs included 1 stop.

We are going for March Madness. Leaving Wednesday 3/20 and flying back Sunday 3/24. So I'm sure prices are high for that reason and because it is spring break.

7. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all, VegasLover8 I might look into DTW but that is about 2 1/2 hrs.
    from us and not sure if DW would want to drive it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.