1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone tried the Luxor Buffet "More" lately?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vwhiten, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there a few years ago for breakfast and it was awful - I used myvegas points for breakfast buffet - which is what we did before. I am not a picky eater - at least not for breakfast. It did not leave me wanting for more. The only good thing was their coffee -- it was really good, and of course it was free. It gets really mixed reviews. I am hoping it was just an off day and also that they have improved it from three years ago.

We will breakfast at the pyramid cafe and probably a mickey D's It will be our 9th trip and the cheapo person I am - I have usually chased coupons and groupons. I have decided not to chase bargains up and down the strip on this trip. Plus it will be August and too dang hot I want to keep the meals between Luxor, Mandalay Bay, and Excalibur. We will probably eat once at MGM.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. pac1971

pac1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the dinner buffet there last October. It was meh but I got it for free with Myvegas. Pretty much fast food like pizza and make your own tacos etc. The salads looked ok and the desserts were good. You also get your own drinks instead of having a waiter/waitress. I like that but some people might not.

On the other hand I really liked Mandalay Bay's breakfast buffet. I ate there every morning in fact!

3. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay breakfast would be much better - but I just used myvegas in December for that buffet and now you cannot get the two buffets at Mandalay Bay. MGM has a great breakfast buffet but I want to keep our meals in that close local if possible. I will probably use the Tender reward and Public House. Also the ACG coupons for Original Chicken Tenders and Nathans -- those two places are great. IMO

36th Wedding Anniversary
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last April for dinner. The prime rib was actually quite good for a buffet, but other than that, the sides were very "ok" and there was not that much of a selection.

That name still kills me! "More" Sounds Dickensian! :) "What? You want MORE! {slap!}"

5. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back. Meh is probably accurate. I landed there because the line for the Pyramid cafe was super long. That should have been my first clue to wait for the Cafe.

6. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had lunch at Luxor Buffet. It was free from myvegas and poker comps. Honestly i am not a picky eater whatsoever. I just eat to eat. For free, its great. If I had to pay for it, I would be disappointed. It was like eating at your jr high school cafeteria. The food felt like it was there to take space. Not a big deal cause everyday is random but it was kinda dirty in there as well. The floors and carpets were dirty and our seats as well. This was around 2pm when the place was pretty empty with no line to enter in.

7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there 18 months ago, then got sick... i would say no way..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.