1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone sell a Groupon ticket?

Discussion in 'Coupon Swap' started by LV_Bound, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Purchased the PH Buffet Groupon and looking forward to giving it a try.

Then the wife gets the MLife MC credit then also gets the CET credit card for Buffet of Buffets.

We normally don't do buffets but once a trip. Now we have the 24 hour one and the groupon one.

The Groupon says it is transferable. Has anyone sold their Groupon to anyone else and if so is there anything required other than an exchange of printout for cash????

It is not official that we are selling as my wife wants to keep it. Although most of our meals are basically paid for now, personally I want a bit more variety and thinking of trying to talk her out of it.

2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure when you bought it but...

Local:
    Any unredeemed voucher may be returned for a refund within the first seven days after purchase. After that, all sales are final. Your voucher is always worth at least the amount you paid for it – even if the promotional value has expired.

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was purchased about 3 weeks ago and can't return it.
    Sure we can skip it and it retains its value for the trip afterward.
    I am always a bit skeptical about that and expect that if I go to use it 6 months down the road they will give me that blank stare and have no idea what I am talking about and lose it all together. :eek:

Worse case is we use it and save some money and just do more variety the ensuing trip.

4. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is your name on it?

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No which is why I assume I can sell it and it does say transferable.

The reason for asking if anyone sold it is because I want to ensure it is not tied to my username or something because there is a code on it. My main concern is selling it to someone and they can't use it.

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is actually a website dedicated to people selling Groupons. I saw it on the local news about a year ago. Let me comb through my bookmarks and see if I can find it for you. :)

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://couprecoup.com/usa/

http://www.today.com/money/how-turn-your-unused-groupons-cold-hard-cash-1B8081865

I didn't investigate either of the sites' "take", but maybe try to sell it here first? Or trade?

And I wonder how it all works. I can print a Groupon, but it is still in my account until I redeem it. How does that work if someone mails you a hard copy Groupon? Wouldn't it still be in their account and technically if they wanted to scam, they could use it and just sell the hard copy? Again, that's why I would rather sell to or trade with someone I "know".

8. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    your name is provided by your credit card and id in that name is required to redeem the voucher.:beer::beer::wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.