1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone playing Power Ball?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Gomar, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beeejays long lost brother!!!

2. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we always play through a pool at work no matter where the pot is at, of course as it grows we do more money and more join then drop off once someone wins

my question with the crazy odds, is that true odds or is it factoring all number selections in...say for example is it including 1-1-1-1-1 with pb 1__ then 1-1-1-1-2 with pb 1, this could never happen...if the odds are including all those numbers that cant ever come up, it should drop the odds, not much but a lil bit

and I hear people all the time talking about how its rigged, I actually know someone who did in fact win, my friends dad and his friend always played and agreed to split it if they won. the powerball was $1 a ticket and started at 15mil, years ago, they always bouth 10 tickets at a time...they hit and done just that, after taxes they each took away around 3.5mil...

he retired right away and literally it took him almost a year before he splurged on a yetti ice chest, upgraded to a newer used truck, bought a small fishing boat and gave his 3 kids a small amount...oldest got $100k, my friend got $25k to share with his wife and the youngest got $1000 and payed his truck off...to this day he lives in a trailer in cocadrie, La and rarely spends the money...his friend bought all his kids houses and cars, most of them totalled the cars, he bought a failing bar and within 2 years he went through all of his winnings

3. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For most people, winning this lottery will ruin their lives because they won't be prepared to handle all the baggage that comes with that magnitude of money. That amount of money will bring out greed in people who didn't even know they were greedy and literally change them for the worse.
    EVERYONE will be looking for a hand out. If you give to one family member, all the others will expect something. If you don't give to your close friends, they will resent you. "You just took home $300,000,000, and you can't won't even help me, your best friend since college, with paying off my house for $100,000? That's just a drop in the bucket, you cheapskate!" Etc.
    If I win, nobody will ever know. I will set up trust within trusts and happily give up a good chunk of the money to preserve my anonymity. That way, I can enjoy some of the money in peace, for the rest of my days, and have the hired help at the trusts deal with all those greedy people looking for a handout.

4. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:

thats one reason I hate that some states wont let you remain anonymous..if i win, im sure people will eventually find out but i dont need the family i havent heard from in 20 years or old friends coming out the woodwork, id gladly help a select few people

5. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I win, I will go to Vegas with 20m and have a really really good time lol.

Then buy a few really large buildings in NY and SF and just play with the rent after taxes every year in Vegas. Notice the fixation on Vegas ....

6. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to witness this!

7. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to witness anybody on this board winning powerball!

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hardly ever play the lotto but just got $60 worth. Someones gotta win it eventually.

9. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where I bought my ticket, there was an enormous line of people who wanted to buy a ticket with certain specific numbers. The machine that randomly generates was completely open. Not a solitary soul anywhere near it. So I was in and out in about 10 seconds, ticket in hand. The lucky numbers crowd should almost be ineligible to win. That's crazy. You wanna talk about money? How about the ol' "time is money" saying, relative to the amount of time they wasted waiting in line.

10. petp13

petp13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The below post gets circulated every time theres a big lotto prize, but in case youve never seen it, read it, its long but it has some GREAT advice....

ORIGINAL

copy/paste:

Congratulations! You just won millions of dollars in the lottery! That's great.

Now you're fucked.

No really.

You are.

You're fucked.

I've seen this question (what to do if you win the lottery), a few times on ARFCOM. Amusingly, it recurs quite often. I posted a similar article to this one "back when" but I've updated it with some actual stories and slapped it in GD because, well, why not?

Keep in mind: IAALBNY (I Am A Lawyer But Not Yours). Consult professional advisers before spending your hard earned lottery cash.

It's long. There are no cliff notes. But if you just want to skip the tales of woe of some of the math-tax protagonists, skip on down to the line in bold.

Read the remainder at the original posting site:
    ORIGINAL

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Lol...I never thought I would see a reference to another forum I frequent (ARFCOM) on here...lol

12. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    notice in that video?, most people don't look like they have a job (if any) that wasting 2+ hrs in line would matter to

I want to forward that article to my family and friends before I disappear forever

13. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $800,000,000 and growing

Funny Breeze...too funny!

Video was hilarious!

Good link to bookmark for what the fuck not to do.

Looks like I'll be buying a ticket, I usually wait until it gets over a Billion.
    I hope the line isn't long
    http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/Powerball.html

[​IMG]

14. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Ready for tonight!!!!!

15. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have the work pool, going to grab a few personal ones later, but you seem to be the guy in line last time the mega millions went to 650mil...im trying to buy a coke, 1 register open and the guy is like, $800 worth...they said it would take around 30 minutes so someone opened another register and they made a dedicated lottery line

16. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't put one dime into this. Rather take my ten bucks to vegas. But I'm pulling for someone here to win.

17. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I thought you were a real gambler? Just kidding!

18. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know! I was going to say that too. Lol. The odds are just too high even for this degen!
    On the other hand, you can't win if you don't play! All it takes is one dollar! Nope, not going to do it. Calling my sponsor right now! Lol

P.T. How many you buying? And if you win yes I'm taking handouts!

19. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure yet.

20. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good lord demon how many tickets is that

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.