1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone looking for a police job?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apply at CAMDENCOUNTYPOLICE.ORG. Seriously,this is the city termed most dangerous in US,but if you are looking for a police career with a lot of action,this would be the one for you.
    The City of Camden PD is being taken over by the county as I understand it anyway.
    Good Luck.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a time in my life, years ago, when I considered law enforcement, but in hindsight so glad I didn't... I have SO much respect for them, I don't know know how the patrol cops can spend their shift dealing with the types of people and issues they deal with and then flip the switch, leave it behind, and have a "normal" time with their own family. It must be so difficult!

I'm glad we have 'em though...

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Are you ready for a lifetime of being absolutely badass motherfuckers? :cool:

4. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody ever thinks about that aspect of the job. All they think of is "Cops write tickets. I hate cops." I've been on the job for +25 years. Thanks for the kind words!

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I retired from Law Enforcement. Frankly, I thought it was easy duty after being in the Army - but I was raised in a Military/Law Enforcement family so I knew what I was getting into. The hardest part of it for family life was the shift work. But, since my wife is a cop (and also from a Military/Law Enforcement family) things were readily understood. For the first few years together we only saw each other in passing because we were on opposite shifts. And, when together, one of us was usually asleep.

One of the best things about Law Enforcement is the benefits. Most depts have excellent health/dental benefits. And, like Firefighters, the retirement system is typically one of the best. In many depts, you can retire after 20 years of service and begin drawing retirement pay immediately. And, many depts have educational assistance programs. My agency paid for my college degrees.

I'd recommend a Law Enforcement career to those interested.

Bill

6. angelo

angelo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a pretty tough job! And as you say that this city is "termed most dangerous in US" many people will pass, I guess.

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Camden? Seriously?
    60 Minutes did a feature news story about their police dept. The deputy warden was saying something that they have a 30% - 40% call in sick ratio, the crime is outta control, and that they don't have enough funds to fix it. His good officers are all tired from working so much OT so they need more help. :poke:

If you have a death wish, then IMHO go apply! They need The National Guard over there to clean things up first, then more officers later.

I truly feel sorry for the remaining officers over there that have to work their asses off just to keep what little peace they have left in that town.

8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I threw it out there in case someone may be looking

You never know,maybe somebody laid off from another dept. a young vet looking for a good paying job with great benefits .
    I'm sure they're getting tons of interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.