1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone here eat the Palms buffet recently?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Candy Apple, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We eat at this buffet every year for our annual trip. Desserts have always been weak, but we know this going in and we've always found plenty of hot tasty entrees to enjoy. Over the past couple months I've read a lot of poor reviews, namely complaining of long wait times when the room is empty (never experienced this) and bad food.

Any recent experiences?

2. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm picky about a lot of things, but food is not one of them. Even at the most middling buffets, I can usually find something to satisfy me, even if it's just a salad and dessert.

I ate dinner at the Palms buffet in early April. It was the worst. I would never return.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. They must have hired a chef that doesn't know how to cook. :(

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Candy,

We were at Palms last week. The breakfast buffet has gone way downhill; we had always enjoyed it in the past. No problem with wait time but the food quality was not good. The breakfast buffet at Gold Coast is honestly better now, imagine that!

The selection is minimal now compared to the past. We didn't get there in time for the Sunday brunch so not sure if that is better. Palms gave us free passes daily for the breakfast buffet; we went twice and didn't use the passes for the other 3 days.

I can't speak to lunch or dinner as we didn't try anything but breakfast but it was disappointing to see how it declined since December.

N9ne and Alize at Palms were both still outstanding!

5. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is interesting. Can any of you comment on what you tried and what was particularly bad? Is there anything that is known to be not bad?

6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Breanna. We have coupons for Palms and Gold Coast from LVA. Sounds like we might as well have breakfast one day at the Gold Coast instead. It even costs less.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I used to be a big fan of Palms, but have also seen a decline. For one thing, they no longer allow the generous club card discounts. Previously, that made the Palms the best value buffet in town. No more, though.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they also axed either the curries or the lebanese section. I was a fan of both and one is missing and the other limited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.