1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone had an offer canceled?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by philculp, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philculp

philculp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received a great offer (for me) from MGM that I would like to use in March, but have a trip coming in January. The MGM offer says Feb1 is the first time I can use it. I called NYNY and asked if they'd match for my Jan trip, he seemed surprised that my offer was so good and said he'd get back to me... I'm waiting. My offer is $350 rc, $150 fp, 4 nights suite, 2 free show tix.

My question is, if my play is a little lower than normal in Jan at NYNY will MGM revoke my offer for March? I know they can, according to fine print. But, has anyone had this happen?

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to book both trips to get the best comp I can on each. Should I book both now, or wait until after my Jan trip to book the next.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who's "he"?

A host?

If he comes back and says he'll book the same terms for a January trip, technically, he's just making you an offer outside the one you have that starts Feb 1.

If he does book you a January trip with the same terms, get a confirmation number, wait a day or so, and then book the March trip.

If he says no dice for Jan, book the March trip anyway while the offer is still there.

3. philculp

philculp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, a host at NYNY that I spoke to for the first time.

I had a different offer that was booked by a different host (also first time booking), she wasn't in and he said he'd help.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For that offer, the suite is not 100%. It all depends if they have any available at check-in. I have the same offer and I was told the suite was based on availability.

5. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had 1 offer cancelled ever---NYNY.

I called to switch to Bellagio and they didn't have my reservation, they told me it had been cancelled by the host due to insuffiicent play on the previous trip. Of course that was BS because the trip was in Oct 2008 for the grand opening of their now derelict joke of a high limit room. Well I played in there for hours, gave my card constantly, was usually one of less than a handful of people in there, and got tracked for exactly ZERO play. They robbed me of about 15 hours of $200+ hand play.

I got them back a year later nailing a $10,000 VP hit on a $300 buy in.

So as long as the idiots at NYNY aren't involved I'd say your good...well except for Palazzo of course. :evillaugh

6. philculp

philculp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok, it sounds like if I just book the vip offer for March asap and get confirmation # Ill be good regardless of my January play.

Not really worried about the suite, I want the guaranteed RC, FP and tix.

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

What Beeejay said about Palazzo is significant to several of us. Welching on offers by Venetian and Palazzo was a hot topic a couple years back when they were switching over from a player focus to a convention focus. Cancellation didn't happen to me, but once a host there promised me free shows I didn't receive.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.