1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone ever had Southwest travel funds extended?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by user3657, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought my travel funds expired in the summer, but instead they expired Feb 15th. DUH.

I have heard some have had luck getting southwest to extend funds. I plan on calling Monday, but just wondering if anyone has any tips? Do they still extend funds as of 2015?

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

They may give a 1-time exemption, but SWA is getting stricter and stricter on their policies.

3. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.

They used to allow it without much of a headache, but those days are gone. I believe it is possible to get the funds extended for a fee. I just did a very brief search and there seemed to be varying answers: $50, $75, and $100. The best bet is to call SW and see a) the cost to extend and b) how long you can extend the expiration, then make a decision from there.

Good luck!

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that you have to wait until they expire, then they will extend it for 1 year for a fee of $100.
    I sure as hell hope this is true...DD has $517 in credits from a flight we cancelled when we got a companion pass. They expire next month & I need to book her for a $450 college visit flight...will report back...

5. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I cancelled a trip, and had to pay $75 each to have our funds extended.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.