1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone else use British Airways Avios?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mikey07, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is probably one for the Brits. I booked our return flights this morning...... £125 each LAS to LHR and 25000 miles.

If you can collect the miles it's well worth it.

2. bobby jones

bobby jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an RBC Avion card that allows me to transfer Avion points to Avios. It used to be that they would have a 50% bonus promotion twice a year but, they have reduced it to 30% now. I travel across the pond fairly regularly and it was a great deal. Plus the ability to use the points on AA also was great. It was much cheaper to use Avios than my Aeroplan to fly to the states but, it looks like AA caught on it and they are now comprable.

3. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've just paid £375 taxes etc for 24 may return LHR/LAS/LHR and 35,000 Avios points. How did you get it for that? Amazingly cheap. Was that each way by any chance?

4. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outbound is to Seattle and that was £226 each. Taxes are higher when flying out.

£350 each return is pretty good though.

5. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that makes sense. Just booked a car for 16 nights for £260 and 19,500 Avios. That sounds pretty good too.

6. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got several thousand Avios built up but can never seem to find any flights to upgrade classes on, and the taxes on most 'free' flights I'm interested in are nearly as much as the standard price anyway.