1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone been to Rick's Restoration lately for a tour? Info please.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by muskokacam, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskokacam

muskokacam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there.

I.m just wondering if someone could chime in if they have been to Rick's Restoration recently and taken a tour. I believe their show hasn't been renewed and hasn't been on in awhile. I know they are a working antique/restoration shop so they should be up and running going about their business, but a few phone calls there and I haven't gotten any response if they are running tours.
    I was wondering if someone has been, what was it like? I plan on trying to go when it fits my travel plans while on vacation when I am going to the Fremont area on a Friday around midday.Does anyone know if they are running tours, do I stand a chance on getting a tour in (and maybe seeing some of the show's regulars?)
    I was wondering if it is worth the travel effort (plan to cab it there from Fremont and then back to Fremont again after I have taken the Deuce bus to Fremont in the first place). Does that make sense?
    Sorry for the long- winded questions. I would appreciate some feedback to see if it's worthwhile. (I am a fan of the show)
    Thanks.

2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visited there last year as part of the reality show tour with a company called Annie Bannanie tours, they had there own actually tour when you got there which was conducted by one of Rick's employees, I didn't realise it hadn't been renewed although it's not been on History here in the UK for a while. Check with the tour companies that do the reality show tours to see if they still visit's Rick's, I'm pretty sure that it would still be an interest to tourist's.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in May 2014 and it was a lot of fun. A free tour that takes about 10 minutes given by an employee (who isn't one of the main guys). They also offered a behind the scenes private tour for $65 (for as many as were in your group). That was available only if one of the main guys was available. We had Bretley, he was a lot of fun, nice guy, smart, got to go back in both boneyards, no time limit, he answered questions, etc... But since the show will no longer be on I'm not sure if the tours change. They no longer need pub for the show and they have tons of business (we were told there was a 2 year backlog of work).

4. failsafe

failsafe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forget where, but I heard you can take a tour of the Counts Kustoms garage, the sister show Counting Cars. I don't know if you can meet Danny personally but I read it's mainly a tour of his showroom car collection.
    Insurance may prohibit the public from entering the actual garage where the work is done.

5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have visited Counts Kustoms twice, once with the tour but the first time I got a cab there from the Stratosphere . It's free to get in and all you have to do is sign the visitors book, you can take pictures but no video, you can only go around the showroom but he has some really nice cars and bikes and there is some things you will recognise from the show.I have never seen Danny but have seen Roli and Horny Mike walking around,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.