1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone been to a concert at Mandalay Bay Beach?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by DonnyC, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anyone's been to a concert at Mandalay Bay Beach?

How was it? Pros? Cons?

2. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Five Finger Death Punch there last year. It was a night concert in July. I had just arrived in Vegas and rushed right to the concert. It was very hot, even though it was in the evening. Also, I'd never been to the pool area before, so I stood in the water to watch the band, not realizing that the waves were still going, and the wave hit me and I was soaked. I was only standing in about 12 inches of water, but once the wave hit, the water went up to my waist!

It was still an okay place to see a show. You could get pretty close to the band if you want to go into the water. Do be ready to stand the entire time. You can buy beer and drinks, but you cannot charge to your room unless you go into the beach bar to make your beer/drink purchases.

I can imagine that seeing a show there during the day would be really fun, but probably even more crowded and hot.

Enjoy!!!

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking at seeing 'Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion'. Not sure if it will be more rap or more ragaee?

What are drink prices like during the concert? What is the dress code?

Would you go again?

4. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Snoop Dogg/Lion should be fun. I saw him at MGM Foxwoods in Connecticut a few years ago. They stopped the show after only 45 minutes because so many people were smoking marijuana in the arena...lol!!

Drink prices were the same as they are in the Mandalay Arena - $8 or $9 for a beer, and $10 - $17 for a mixed drink. :beer:

Yes, I'd go again if there was a band I really wanted to see.

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool thanks for the info.

I was listening to his new music and am not sure that I care for it....so we will see.

6. Maximus88

Maximus88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to a concert there a couple of years ago, but it was a private/complimentary show for a convention. (Bruno Mars)
    It was at night, in June, and I thought it was a pretty good venue, but like Kimsa said, expect to be standing the whole time.

Have fun!

7. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen about 12 shows at Mandalay Beach over the last 3 years, definitely a good venue to see a show. You're outside, the weather is usually nice, and you can get pretty close to the stage with no problem or you can just walk around in the pool complex enjoying the show.

Get there on time, the shows there run from 50 mins (Weezer last summer, me and my friend got there late and missed the whole show)- an hour and a half (Most of the other shows).

You can sit in the sand during the shows at Mandalay Beach, either right in front of the beach side cafe or in the other sandy areas.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.