1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody try JetBlue?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dean_1492, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking about flying JetBlue from Long Beach Ca, to LAS. The price is right. I am just wondering about the shuttle services, like Bell Trans, and the luggage for starters. What terminal does JetBlue land? I see there are 4 at LAS. Please tell me your tips on flying, I know all the liquid amounts for the carry-ons.
    If I fly, are there signs on where I get to the shuttle, or do I have to right these down to avoid confusion.

I usually drive, but I want to see how it goes on a plane. For me, it's a 4.5 hour drive, and it might be easier for work if I fly sometimes. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated!

Richard

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Jet Blue receives fairly good marks here but I have never used them myself. Arriving at LAS it is very well posted. After retrieving your luggage just follow the signage to "Ground GTransportation, where you can buy a shuttle ticket, or catch a cab. If you are with others a cab may be faster, more comfortable and quicker epecially if you are staying close to the airport. Personally, I am usually solo and have for years traveled to my hotel via shuttle. In spite of all the negative feedback I have never had to wait long periods of time for people to fill up the shuttle or stopped at 40 hotels enroute to mine. A lot has to do with your expectations i guess. I have stayed at both ends of the Strip as well as downtown. However, I have only made 18 trips to LV.

There is another option now, the Westcliff Express. It is a bus from ground zero (one flight down from the baggage carousels) runs mostly on the hour and makes a stop on tropicana near NYNY and is downtown in less than 30 minutes. reg price is $2.00. It does stop at the BTC where you can change buses and a stop at the Mall as well (Trade Center). If this interests you there is a lot of info you can find using the search engine above. I am sure you will get more detailed info when others read your post. Good luck and have fun!

Jimbo338

3. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my wife will be with me. Nice to know that it is well displayed. I am going to try Bell Trans shuttle. Ticket prices are down to $39 one way, cheaper than SWA. I guess I will have to try it to see how it goes. Thanks for the advice, any others are welcome!

4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

JetBlue is very nice. It's very comfortable.

As for the shuttle, just take a taxi, why waste the time

5. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the guy who said take the bus, he's flying jet blue or SW to save money...save more money by taking a $2 bus ride instead of a $25 taxi.

6. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jet blue

I love Jet Blue because they have those small t.v.screens where you can watch some t.v. shows. That keeps my brain busy.

I will be flying out of Burbank Airport for the first time to Vegas on June 3rd.
    I will report back on Jet Blue in my trip report.

My flight cost $34/00 plus 10.80, total cost one way $44.80. There is only a one time flight at 5:31P.M. for Vegas.

For my return flight I chose Soutwest so I could return at the time I want.
    Southwest will cost me $59.80.

I chose Jet Blue just for the experience to see if I like it better than Southwest for a Vegas flight. I do love Southwest too.

The one thing I don't know is if JetBlue charges a cancellation fee and for how much? Does anybody know? LucyR.

7. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying is better than driving for solo me to Vegas

Dean, it is great to fly to Vegas on any plane. I live in L.A. County and I fly out of Burbank or LAX for Vegas. I always fly non-stop.

Just follow the signs that tell you where the luggage is located. It is real
    easy to find the door that says Shuttles, taxi, transportation.

I have used shuttles of BellTran, Executive and Showtime and Airport shuttle. They all cost the same fee of $7.00 ONE WAY.

I will not hassell and look for a $2. bus to take me to my hotel since I am a senior traveling by myself with two carry-ons and one luggage. When it comes to taking the local bus nobody is going to help you with your luggage.

All of the shuttles put your luggage in back of the shuttle van. It is so nice.

I hope you try it. LucyR.

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I've flown JetBlue out of LB a couple dozen times, to destinations all over the country. I am a fan of the airline and for SoCal-ers, LB can be a great portal. JetBlue struggles at times with timeliness (a regional/seasonal thing you can quickly figure out) and its on-board entertainment often is on the fritz (the company is excellent about issuing compensation vouchers).

Now that we're up here in the sticks, I miss the EZ car access of the southland; at least psychologically, since in practical apps Vegas is nowhere near central on our radar screen now. In my 100+ trips to Vegas, I think I flew twice, and once only because Terri was heading up a few days later and we didn't want to have two cars up there. For us, there was really only downside to flying up there. It is the best, perhaps only, option for others.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jet Blue is another of may airlines. They are pretty much the same, with some variances here and there.

As to the aiport - there are signs everywhere. You do not need to know anything, other than how to read. (there are often people that can not - LOL!).

As to shuttle, the shuttles in Vegas for almost all hotels are not to one hotel. They goto many. Personally, I would just take a taxi if with two people. $15 to $20.

10. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE JetBlue, it's not just another airline. They have DirecTV in every seat and a great free snack selection. I fly them to Vegas almost exclusively, usually coming in from JFK so I get the long flight second.

11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which terminal you use depends when you are flying. They are moving to Terminal 3 sometime this summer, along with Alaska, Virgin, United, and all International.

12. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering about that for the walking distance.

13. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This won't work for me, SWA does not fly out from Long Beach, so if I want to take JetBlue, it's Long Beach, and if I want to fly SWA, it's Orange County Airport. I wish it would work that way!!!

14. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jetblue is so far my favorite airline to fly (i will be trying southwest for the first time in a couple of weeks). but jetblue didn't have any flights whatsoever for vegas until late june (even those were well above my price range). i love jetblue because the seats are more comfortable, there appears to be more legroom (i could be wrong, but it feels roomier), they offer free snacks/drinks, and they have tvs in the back of every seat. you asked about luggage but nothing specific. all i can tell you is the first checked bag is free. other than that, it's pretty much the same as other airlines. according to the McCarran airport website, jetblue is in terminal D. not sure if that was helpful. sorry i can't help you about the shuttle question since i am always picked up from the airport.

15. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always out of LB to Vegas on JetBlur the last 5 or so trips. If I'm only going to Vegas then I'll take the Blue. Fast, fairly priced and very friendly.

Here we go again!
  16. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jet Blue is all I fly from NY to Vegas. As of now they are in Terminal D and once you get off the plane you have to take a tram to baggage claim, and the taxi stand and shuttle waiting areas are outside. Personally I would never take one of those slow moving shuttles again no matter how cheap it was. A taxi (with a stern warning to the driver not to tunnel you) is a much better option.

For Lucy - Jet Blue does charge a $100 fee to change your flight. They also issue you a credit if the price of your flight drops, and you have up to a year to use it on a future Jet Blue flight. This is a word-of-mouth, unadvertised policy, but you have to monitor the flight yourself and check the prices. When you see that the fare has dropped from what you originally paid, call up and ask for the credit.

17. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly from NY - JFK and exclusively book JetBlue to fly to Vegas.

Having DirecTV on those long 5 hr and change Vegas flights is huge - there is only so much music/reading I can do before I lose it mentally.

18. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Africa
    Asia
    Caribbean & Central America
    Europe
    South America
    Middle East

Kinda strange that at least out of Long Beach you can fly JB to all these places but no flights to Hawaii.

Here we go again!
  19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I thought I'd read that JetBlue was looking into Hawai'i service. Bring it on, I say. Another option, and it would beat hoofing down to Lindbergh to catch Alaska.

Although I soon will be able to get there from Santa Maria via Allegiant ... umm, how about no thanks?!

20. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Jet Blue fan from Boston.
    I had a non stop flight to Vegas in April.
    Direct TV had issues 3 times.
    But when it was working along with XM radio enjoyed flight.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.