1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Anybody play the 50 or 100 play VP?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by Dean Martin, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing it a lot on my VP software and really like it but DDB looks like you could need to bank roll a session w/ $1500-$2000 to ride out the ups and downs playing qtrs (250 or 500 credits per hand). One dealt SF, 4OAK and especially A,2,3, or 4 4OAK hit though and your well:thumbsup: Of course a dealt RF would be heaven....and they do happen, I've had 3.

I realize BP might be a better game but I love DDB.

Curious what others have found that play these on a regualr basis. I'll probably stick to 50 play....but who knows after I get there:drunk:

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know why betting $62.50 or $125 a hand on craps or baccarat doesn't scare me but betting that much on one push at VP does. :nworthy:

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play A LOT of 50 play VP and some 100 play.

If you were playing $62.50 per hand (50 play at quarters, max bet) if it was Jacks or Better only having a bankroll of $1500-2000 wouldn't be too bad... but with DDB it won't take much to be a bad run that can put a huge dent in your bankroll.

4. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always had good luck at the Palms 50 play VP machines by the food court but alas, my bankroll allows me to play at .01 or .05, but still fun.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play almost all DDB and usually make it a point to stop at the bank of machines Four Queens has near the cashier. I do 100 play, but only at the .02 cent level, so $10 a hand.

Sometimes it doesn't take very long to run through $200. It's a good thing none of the bars I play at have it on their bartops:poke: It is a thrilling game!

Christmas
  6. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it is a couple of things but mainly "hands per hour". I doubt I would push the button on a hundy-play VP machine as fast as I do on quarters - but hands per hour are massive compared with same time spent at craps or baccarat. How many $62.50 bets can you make an hour on VP? A lot...

Volatility is also different. I could go for 10 or 20 bets in VP without getting any return - but that would be somewhat more rare with BJ, craps or baccarat. I would be long out of there losing 20 in a row with those, but in VP (esp. DDB), it's part of the cycle and I just know that quad is next to recover from that trough....

JZB

7. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like 100 hand BP with Super Times pay on max bet, although I usually stick with .01 denom. Occasionally I'll bump it to nickels and hope for a nice deal. Even when you're dealt crap, you can usually get about half your bet back so some of the volatility is removed with 100 hand VP.

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play the 50 or 100 ones at the penny level. For somebody like myself who hasn't grasped vp that well, it kind of increases my odds of doing something right.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.