1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody been to Ghost Bar on Thursday lately?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by josassoc, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a group organized (11 ladies and guys, wide age variance, but partiers!) going on a private limo tour Thursday and looking at going to Ghost Bar afterward next Thursday around midnight. I've already organized free guest list entry. But, I'm trying to get an idea of what the club has been like lately on Thursdays (their Industry night). I haven't been by there for a couple of years.

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the remoldel is nice but dont expect it to be crowded

3. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not crowded or dead?

Not crowded is fine. But, dead? I don't want to drag them somewhere that is empty... We'd be going there around midnight on a Thursday. I was hoping Industry night might improve things. If not, suggestions would be appreciated... Please, no Hakkasan. Been there, too big and too many stairs. The group REALLY ranges in age and isn't into EDM.

4. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thursday nite tao thats it righ now , or i think xs but tao still is thursday best nite

5. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grown-ups -- Mid 30's to 40's

I'm not looking for the "it" place where all the 21YO's are partying. Just looking for a fun club to dance, drink and have a good time. We are the seemingly lost demographic -- 30's to mid 40 YO's. Tao is probably not what we are looking for. I just don't want to go to Ghostbar if no one else is in the room.

6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres not much going on thursday nite most people are at tao

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tryst is open, industry night, but the dj there is more hip hop. While Haze, industry night, is open also but not sure of who is dj'ing.

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its dead, tryst, tao and Hyde are my fav thur night spots

9. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ghost Bar not dead...fun!!

Again, we are not the early 20-something demographic, but our group went to Ghost Bar yesterday and had a blast!!! I realize the Tao and Hakakkasan are the new "it" clubs, but I've been there and enjoyed Ghostbar's non-pretentious and more relaxed atmosphere so much more. We also dropped by Hyde for their lounge for awhile and saw the water show while the band played. Perfect Thursday night!! Ask for Chad Noyes at Hyde...I have a new best friend (host). He is great!!!!

10. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a comparison to the way it used to be and to most lounges in Vegas it is very slow. Chad is good guy i have worked with him for years. hyde is my favorite lounge.

11. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way it is... Club Reviews

We went to several other clubs over the weekend. Grown-ups want to party in a place where you can move, be able to order a drink without a 30 minute wait and actually dance. If that is what you are looking for -- Ghost Bar. Kids looking to being seen, drinking $1K bottles of Goose, ridiculous lines stuffed together with no dance floor and hooking up with random strangers can have the new clubs. Not interested.

And, Rose.Rabbit.Lie was hilarious for anyone over 30. Two drinks $75 (doubles because the bar lines were ridiculous). Music was a mixed of House of Pain & Kris Kross "Jump" songs -- where all the babies in the place thought they had discovered some GREAT MIX. And, then the snare drummers (yes band geeks) came out and played over another song where the baby ballers watched in rapture. They should rename that club Daffodil.Tortoise.Bullsh!t. That "new" club is a perfect example that Cosmo dwelling 20YO's will fall for anything. But, the contortionist was good...I will admit that.

12. Vegas Name Ron Mexico

Vegas Name Ron Mexico Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May look into Gold Lounge in the Aria. Thursday is the perfect night for that spot. And there is a mixed crowd, but angled toward a more mature crowd. EDM is not THE thing here either, its mixed.

13. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went I think on a Wednesday during X-mas week. Entry was free and open bar until 12. It was full of Australian tourists. Most of them were female. I termed it a reverse sausage party.

schwaiguy

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.