1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Tips On Getting Tickets To Sold Out Shows?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by fastlaney, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastlaney

fastlaney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter's future in-laws would really like to see "O" while they're in Vegas for our children's wedding. I found an awesome link on here (Thanks Sonya) for lots of discount show tickets but the only 2 dates that they can go to "O" are both sold out. :cry:

Does anyone have any tips on getting tickets to sold out shows? Thanks in advance everybody!

2. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are they staying at the Bellagio or any of the related properties?
    Asking the concierge to help out with finding tickets couldn't hurt.

3. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this discount ticket site doesn't have tickets, it doesn't necessarily mean the show is sold out. Have you tried calling the Bellagio ticket office directly? If you really want tickets, that's the best place to start.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am thinking that for the high end shows, like "O" and most of the cirque shows, the discounters only have so many tickets or might not find out if they have tickets to a show until just a day or two before the actual performance date.

Like the OP doesn't say what the dates are and has two countdown timers... if they are thinking the first dates (just over two weeks away) that could still be "too soon" for the discounter to know if they will get tickets to "O" during that time. If they are thinking the second set of dates (more than 3 months away) I'd say definitely the discounter just doesn't know if they'll have tickets then or not (plus that'd be late September? A very busy time in Las Vegas so not likely they will get any even closer to that date).

5. fastlaney

fastlaney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everybody for your replies! My daughter checked the Bellagio Box Office and the 2 dates they needed are indeed sold out.

6. fastlaney

fastlaney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [/QUOTE]Like the OP doesn't say what the dates are and has two countdown timers... if they are thinking the first dates (just over two weeks away) that could still be "too soon" for the discounter to know if they will get tickets to "O" during that time. If they are thinking the second set of dates (more than 3 months away) I'd say definitely the discounter just doesn't know if they'll have tickets then or not (plus that'd be late September? A very busy time in Las Vegas so not likely they will get any even closer to that date).[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your reply! Yep it's the trip that's in 2 weeks. My daughter is getting married on Monday July 23rd and the only dates her future in-laws were able to see the show are both sold out. But if it's too early for the discounters to have tickets then maybe there's a small hope we might be able to find them something? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and if not then I'm sure we can find them something else to see. Another reason why I LOVE Vegas!!! If one show is sold out or dark there's a bunch more to check out!

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost nothing is Vegas "sells out" you can always get tickets somehow! Like said above if it's a discount, they may only allot so many to that discount. Check different links.. check smartervegas.com or you may have to pay facevalue.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us the exact dates.

I find it hard to believe they are sold out. Things are just not that busy these days.

9. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Checking 'Best Of Vegas' www.bestofvegas.com
    they have 'em for 20,21... and SOLD OUT 22 and 25.
    Between their DARK days and SOLD OUT days and...
    when the folks will be in town for the wedding, yeah...
    you might have to look at something else.
    If they've never seen one of CIRQUES's Shows yet, I
    suggest MYSTERE...UPPER REAR seats centerish.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the Cirq shows are great.

You will find opinions here vary, but Mystere, Love, and "O" are for sure liked by 90% plus of those that respond. They would all be safe. KA is great, but maybe not so much for some folks.

Zumanity and Believe are in another category. Enough said at this point.

11. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sold out? This is the kind of situation that separates the good concierges from the GREAT concierges. It will depend on how much money you are willing to spend.

Bill

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.