1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Storage Wars fans here?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by leo21, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am really starting to get into this show. My question is this: How many Vegas episodes have they run? I have seen the one where Dave found the rock collection and Daryl found jewelry. I know there was at least one more but I can't tell for I need to look for more. Anyone remember?

2. sddunes

sddunes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy the show and am interested in their new season. I believe they had two Vegas episodes.

I've watched the Texas version but never really got into it.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wikipedia has a list of episodes, you can find that here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Storage_Wars_episodes

It says they did two episodes in Las Vegas and then two specials.

The episodes were just like other Storage Wars episodes: they are at a storage facility, they have an auction, then they dig through the lockers they bought and price things out.

The specials weren't at all like the regular episodes, instead the cast gathers to sit down and have a round table discussion, look at clips of previous episodes and share short anecdotes.

4. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this show and have seen every episode at least five times. Well, maybe watch is too strong a word, but it's on in the background while I clean or read...

The new season starts next week! :thumbsup:

Only two Vegas shows and I thought only one special taped at the Sahara during or just after it closed.

Beth

5. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't this show scripted? Do they really find that valuable stuff in there.

Doesn't logic dictate if their was really valuable stuff in those storage facilities, the owners would pay the fees?

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Barry is the man

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People die without their friends or family knowing what they have, or they go to prison, get foreclosed, etc. very rarely do the "finds" amount to real money, usually it's some obscure piece with hidden value.

My favorites are Brandy and jared, also like Barry.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They say it isn't, but that it does get a lot of editing and that they might film as many as 10-15 lockers being bought for each one that makes it to the show.

There could be a lot of reasons why somebody loses their locker, like death or divorce, loss of job, forgetting about it, etc... but I am sure a lot of them just got to the point where the amount owed was more than somebody could afford to pay, like if they missed a payment every 2-3 months for a year it might get to the point where for a $200-300/mo locker they owe a thousand bucks or more on and it might just make sense to abandon it, especially if it has some kind of long term lease they are stuck in.

9. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Storage Wars of Calif. & Texas & other states

I see Storage Wars over and over. I just love watching it. My senior sister has several lockers filled with really good stuff in them. None of us know where those lockers are located and one day she will get ill and end up in a hospital and not care about her lockers anymore and not make the payments. I think she will have a sudden death in her bed. She can get real sick at times. She is a collector of expensive things and just shops all the time.
    She lives in a Senior complex and she told me that a lot of the old lady seniors have a major crush on BARRY. I do too!LOL. Barry is a millionaire
    and his mother lives in Beverly Hills. Collecting is just a hobby for him.

I like all of the Storage War stars. It is so much fun when they find some expensive things like money and jewelry..... and they only paid $400.

My sister watches that show too and she told me that when Barry takes what he wants from a storage bin he lets the poor men who are just the looky loos take whatever is left over. They clean the bin for him. LucyR.

10. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yuuuup!!!

USBC Nationals
  11. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great show - love Barry - cool dude.

Hester is way too uptight for someone so confident in his ability.

I never watch the Texas show.

12. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New show with airport luggage

I saw a show that had luggage that people could buy at a auction. The owners of the luggage never picked up their luggage at the airport so it was sold to the highest bidder. Most of the luggage only had clothes and cameras.

I saw the one from Palm Springs and people had to buy all of the luggage
    that they had. I think there were 10 pieces of luggage. Two of them were
    real Louis Vution sp luggage worth a lot of money. A couple bought the group and were able to sell the expensive luggage for a great price so they made approx. close to $2,000. A lot of the buyers there didn't know that the LV luggage was worth a lot of money.

13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jared is a boy ensconced in the body of a grown up, his wife Brandi must have a low opinion of herself to stay with this tool.

Barry must have means because he rarely makes money on his lockers.

When a storage locker is rented, there is one month security deposit. When you miss a second month, they can padlock the locker and sell the contents.

I can see the need to rent a locker when transitioning from one residence to another, but many of the lockers are filled with junk due to hoarding.

14. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That show with the luggage was "Storage Hunters" on TruTV.

That one is heavily staged with lots of scripting, reenactments and items planted in lockers. The thing with that show is, with other shows (storage shows or otherwise) they are generally people you can root for or hope that things turn out for... that Storage Hunter show the two main characters just seem like real jerkoffs that deserve a good punch in the face each. Like, I don't think they even make good villains.

As for pricing, they can always say what something is worth... but thats not necessarily going to be what they get for it in the end. Those Louis Vutton suitcases might have been worth $2000 as comparable new retail items but the people that generally buy expensive fashion brand name items want the newest models, newest styles and they want it first hand.

15. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Louis Vutton items are super popular in So.Calif.

In Palm Springs and So.Calif. a lot of people are willing to buy second hand Louis Vutton bags, luggage, etc. They are also willing to buy the fake LV bags.
    People who sell their used LV bags on E-Bay make a lot of money.

Many Thrift Shops in Palm Springs sell name brand clothes and purses and they make a lot of money. I love shopping in those stores because I find expensive things that last a long time in my home.

I have gone to the Louis Vutton Stores in Vegas just as a looky loo and ask to see their lastest bag styles and they also have names for each style.
    I prefer the Prada purses. I bought me one before the style was changed.
    Also before the movie was made on Prada.
    I am just making small talk....it is late at night in L.A....

I am looking foreward to the new Storage Wars t.v. shows.
    I also love to watch Pawn Stars, and "A thousand ways to die". LucyR.

16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, did you see the hoarder one? They were told that they were going to bid on units held by a collector but all the person collected was trash in grocery bags. Amazingly, there were still some valuables in the units.

17. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course you can find some decent things in storage lockers but not everytime. the show would be pretty boring if they just bought bags of old clothes like in real life.

18. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great point! I like them but that dude dresses like a little boy......what the hell is she thinking?

I guess he makes her laugh plus they have a business together.

They seem fun together for the most part anyway.

19. Retinyl

Retinyl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may have a bit of a crush on Barry too, and I'm only 30... :whistle:

I just saw a video on Youtube the other day where someone points out that in one scene after they just open a locker, there are perfect boxes, and then when they show them all looking at the locker, the boxes are all mangled and have clearly been opened...

20. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luv Barry!!

I want to be his sidekick :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.