1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any restaurants where jeans were strictly forbidden?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BreakEven, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't dress up at my job, I'm sure as hell not going to dress up on my vacation. "Business casual" has a wide range of interpretations, as does the category "fine dining". Most restaurant websites don't get more specific, and neither do their Yelp reviews.

Anyone have any first hand experience getting denied at a Vegas restaurant because they were wearing jeans? Anyone felt they've been treated poorly because they didn't appear to be as upscale as the rest of the customers? If so, please name names.

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  2. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, no. Sometimes I'll wear a sports jacket with jeans and a button down shirt, but my jeans are jeans. In other words, I paid less than $100 for them.

It's funny, I also dress casually for work, jeans, sneakers, waffle shorts ( or whatever you call them ). But I do like wearing a jacket when I go away.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to dress in a nice button down shirt with dress pants and shoes when I dine out in an upscale restaurant, but it really depends on the type of restaurant as well as the jeans themselves and what you wear with them. Vegas has a lot of trendy, hip places and if you wear a nice button down shirt with a pair of jeans and nice shoes, you would look perfectly fine in most places. Or even a nice blazer - not necessarily a formal jacket. I would not wear jeans to Circo or Joel Robuchon though. I also think restaurant dress codes are more relaxed at lunch than at the dinner hour.

A pair of black jeans might be a good idea. They are comfortable and can almost look like dress pants with the right shirt and shoes. I have been at Jasmine at the Bellagio when a party came into the place dressed in extremely causal clothes - sandals, shorts and Hawaiian print short sleeve shirts, and were not treated badly or looked at differently by the staff.

4. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I should start with names :)

I've been to CUT (no dress code currently listed) and STACK (currently says "casual", though I believe it used to say "business casual") multiple times when wearing jeans. Like any place, sometimes I get great service, sometimes it's just ok.

I am sure I've been to some other "business casual" places, but their names are escaping me right now...

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that there are two or three that are really strict on no jeans and jacket required. But they would be top tier, super expensive tasting menu places. Can't recall names.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also depends on how your jeans look!

If you wear very baggy jeans or maybe some 80's style acid-wash or too light a color, you may get frowned upon at certain places. But some nice fitting dark wash like Calvin Klein, DKNY, or Kenneth Cole jeans with a nice button down shirt and some black lace-up dress shoes will get you in almost anywhere in my experience.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have yet to be turned away from Du-Pars in my Gloria Vanderbilts.

8. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Smo hit the nail on the head. There is no place on the Strip that requires a jacket. A handful of places (e.g., Joel Robuchon, Guy Savoy, Twist) request jackets, but they're not required. I've been to these places, and confirmed it personally.

It's possible jeans wouldn't get you admitted, but I've witnessed people wearing them who did get in. The example I most clearly remember is someone at Joel Robuchon who was wearing jeans, a dark t-shirt, and what looked like non-leather shoes. He might have been a whale, so I wouldn't count on getting in wearing such an outfit.

Other than these super fancy (and super expensive) places, nice jeans will be just fine.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.