1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Interest in a McCarran Security & Check-In Wait Time Survey?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bruinfan1, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my very short (but great) time here there's been lots of questions about when to get to the airport. I'm a data guy, so I'm interested in actual stats from lots of people on how long it takes to get to the airport. That can include rental car return and cab rides, even shuttle trips if you wish. But I'm not sure we'll get enough responses to get a useful result, since those vary on your origin.

But check-ins at the airport, and TSA security line waits, I think we could generate some useful information. I'd put together a table with the hour of the day on the left; day of the week across the top. I'd be happy to average the responses off-line and update the table. Comments in the posts would be welcome, along with any other lengthy waits they encountered on their trip. (Tix2Nite? Buffet lines? Wait for luggage/wait for shuttle/wait for cab?) The table would probably stick to airport waits until there was enough info on "other waits".

Sample posts:
    Anyone think this is a terrible idea? Anyone willing to time their waits after a relaxing, exciting, drunken vacation in Vegas? :rolleyes2:

Comments, criticisms in this thread - if there's enough positive response I'll start a separate thread with the table and info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.