1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any experience with the mLife $2 MILLION DOLLAR INVITATIONAL?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Konzul, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konzul

Konzul Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Played a number of slot tournaments before, but never at the MGM. Was invited to the $2M Invitational, however they are expecting me to fork out $5k for the privilege. Not even sure if a free suite comes with it.

Granted the payout structure looks decent, but I wonder how good of an investment that is. Any of you have experience with the invitational series of tournaments? Is there a chance to get it part comped at least? My action at MGM is not super high, but I usually get a small suite with RFL.

Thank you,
    Konzul

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have pay tourneys and they have comp tourneys.

You will not get the pay tourneys comped unless you're a whale.

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past I've been invited to the tourneys where you have to pay $5K to get in, but not this one. Never have forked the dough over. They've stopped inviting me probably because I never went?

One of my customers is a regular at the Aria tournaments and put it this way. He says with a top prize of say $250K( not sure what your prize structure is, can't remember exactly what he said) he may have a 1 in 60 chance of winning it. If he checks in as a regular guest as Aria with $5K in his pocket and hits the high limit slot room he figures his chance of hitting a $250K jackpot at 1 in 10 Million.

Last time I met him he had won the top prize once, enough to justify entering the tournament every time he got invited.

He has money to spare. I'm a bit more careful and play at a lower level.

Good luck to you!

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe look into the $750,000 tournament instead. That only has a $500 buy-in - August 20-22.

5. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I attended a couple of them ( $500 ones). Comped entry. Never won anything.

6. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer another part of your question, yes the suite/room is comp'd. Plenty of free food and drinks during the tournament.

As others have said, the tournament entry fee is normally not comp'd unless you are a whale...

However, most prizes are structured in such a way that you will win at least part of your entry fee back in the form of cash or free play based on your ranking in the tournament. Is it a good investment? No. It's called gambling for a reason.

As another poster mentioned, there is a $500 buy in tournament in August ($750,000 Mlife Invitational). Your $500 buyin qualifies you for a 1-in-50 chance of winning 20k, with the top three tournament winners plus three wild card winners from each participating property
    ( includes MGM Grand) advancing to the final at Mandalay Bay for the top 75k prize..

Best of luck if you play!

7. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With these 5k buy in tournaments, do they do that crap where they put huge whales in the final rounds?

$5,000 buy-in seems steep to me (though I guess that's all relative). Ask your host if there's a free tournament you could be invited to.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the buy in tourneys don't have auto.

What the whales get is comped entry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.