1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Dexter fans out there?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by weluvvegas, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just had to vent - I've been a Dexter addict since season 1. Never missed an episode...laughed, cried, cringed, gasped...and all of the emotions that pour out of that show.

BUT - I am so disappointed in this season! Ony two episodes left till the very end and it's been so predictable from the start. I feel a huge twist coming but it seems they are trying to cram it all in too fast, which is going to lessen it's effect. All the tension between Dex and Deb since the end of season 6 - and now it seems that was all swept under the rug and forgotten about...it's just so strange.

Does anyone else agree?

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. Hoowaa

Hoowaa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed.

I am a Dexter junkie and have the last 3 episodes queued up on my PVR and can't bring myself to watch them go through the motions. It used to be a guilty pleasure to watch. Now I just feel guilty wasting my time watching.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the first couple episodes were great, and the introduction of Dr. Vogel really did shock me, but it just hasn't sustained its momentum in the same way as certain other shows which are the subject of heated discussion on this message board have. I'm obviously still watching because I want to see how it ends, but I'm not finding myself thinking, "Oh, man, I can't believe this show is going to be over! It should keep going!"

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved Dexter's Laboratory when watching it with my son when he was younger, lol.

5. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too! ;)

40th Birthday Bash!
  6. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is on the same time as Breaking Bad's final season. They are kind of the same show... Flawed main character, family is aware, complicit friends/companions, close involvement with law enforcement, etc.

Dexter's final season is shamed in comparison.

In hindsight, if I were Showtime, I would have either raced to get Dexter on before Breaking Bad's final season started, or else can it for another six months so there is no direct comparison.

Dexter is bad, bad, bad this season.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.