1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

any Canadians using a US dollar credit card

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by richardinbc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. richardinbc

richardinbc Low-Roller

Oct 29, 2002
    Mission B.C.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone tell me if there is a real advantage to using a US dollar credit card. I am told that you do not get some of the charges that come when you use Canadian dollar credit card. I will be charging hotel, gas, shopping and food.
  2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Low-Roller

Nov 16, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a US dollar credit card but only because I have an account with US funds in it.

Are the charges you are talking about the Foreign Transaction Currency Fee? Where they tag you for an extra 2+% on top of the exchange? Is so, not all of them have the fees.

Probably one of the better free ones is the Amazon Rewards Visa. No annual fee. $20 Gift Certificate at Amazon.ca and No Transaction Currency Fee. This one is a good free option if you travel and want to charge.

I also have a Marriott Premier Rewards card that has no fees but it's $99 a year card but they give you a voucher for a room every year plus enough points for 4 stays when you sign up.

My wife used our Costco Card to rent a car at Aria last year and got stung. I had the Marriott card in pocket at the time.
    3rd Aria Stay Coming Up