1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another steak house question.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by GeorgeandTheBear, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to enjoy a big steak on each trip out to LV. We like to try a different place each time if possible. We have tried Gallaghers, Steak House at CC, and Range. I've heard all about EI and am not impressed at all and have no desire to eat there...not specifically looking for a cheap steak. We don't drink and would like to keep it under $150 for the two of us. I can afford more, but my wife just couldn't enjoy paying that much. Will have a rental car and will travel. What are those hidden gems that we don't see on the strip?

Would like to add that I tried to check out N9NE and Capitol Grill that seem to get mentioned a lot and got disgusted because niether of them had pricing on the menu. I can't understand why a restaurant would do that. I guess they can't understand why someone wouldn't consider them for that reason as well.

2. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might consider Hugo's Cellar downtown. I've only been there once, but it was a home run. Prices may appear high initially, but all include salad cart, vegie/starch, and chocolate covered strawberries. Reasonable wine list, martini's come with the shaker which has almost another whole drink in it! menu

3. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I'm not a fan of Capital Grille. N9NE is good, also CUT, Delmonico, Jean Georges, Brand, and Stack. I don't often get steak off strip, I hear good stuff about Hank's at GVR. Table 34 and Honey Salt are some of my favorites off strip I've had lately.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would avoid Brand and recommend Craftsteak, although it will push against your $150.

5. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I had two seriously underwhelming experiences at Craftsteak. Mileage varies.

6. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Austin's Steakhouse at Texas Station gets a lot of good reviews, and the prices seem more than reasonable.

7. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime at Bellagio is my personal favorite LV steakhouse. The ambiance, the service, the cuts of meat and just about every item on the menu is fabulous. I've ordered a lot of different dishes and never been disappointed with one. They serve the steaks, and meat entree's with house made sauces on the side, such as a truffle sauce, peppercorn sauce, and another I can't remember. I especially like the truffle sauce, and it's a unique thing I've only seen at Prime.

Highly recommend the place if you've never been.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most people don't go to EI for a steakhouse experience. It is an alternative to the strip cafes and coffee shops as it still has realistic pricing for the entire menu. That being said, I liked Bally's Steakhouse and I find I can't go to Vegas without hitting the Cortez Room at Gold Coast.

9. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. Even the coffee I had for dessert was the best ever.

10. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone is recommending the high end steakhouse on strip, when Buck has asked for somewhere that will come to under $150 for 2 people.

Whilst I can't disagree that they're excellent restaurants, Cut and SW are amongst my favourites. They don't fulfill his primary objective which is to get out of the door for $150 tops.

I myself would just call it a treat and spend the extra to eat at Cut, SW, Prime or wherever I finally decided on. However, if he is looking to not do that, there has to be some excellent choices around Vegas somewhere...

I know ken2v always recommends 'The Golden Steer', does that fit into the $150 for 2 bracket and if not maybe 'Del Friscos' does?

I'm lazy myself and just stick with the resort steakhouses which charge the premium, but I can't say I mind when the food is soooooo good :)

Double digits!
  11. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am i big fan of Smith and Wollensky's (on the strip between MGM and Walgreens)
    I also tried Del frisco's (off strip). The steak was amazing, sides were pretty good but not as good as smith and wo's

Both places are around $50 a steak and I beleive both dry age their steaks in house. i know Smith and Wo's definately does. Sides were around $10. If you don't mink bumping it up a little the chilled shellfish platter is very good for around $35 a person at Smith and wollensky's

12. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're not drinking, some of the higher end places can come in right around $150. Obviously it depends on what you're eating. But if you were just going for 2 NY strips and splitting a couple of sides, it would be pretty close at Craft.

13. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I'm pretty much a pig...a cheap one. I'm not much for sharing either. I once ate 2 1/2 racks of ribs at Tony Romas and could have eaten another 1/2 rack with a little encouragement. I've been describe as "Eating like I'm going to the chair." Hugo's cellar looks pretty good, I can see us ending up there.

The $150 is not etched in stone, but my wife seems to start convulsing when a check hits three digits.

14. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely avoid the really high end places then, or you may come out on the wrong side of a $400 bill :evillaugh

I went witha friend of mine to Cut, we had an appetiser each, a main, a couple sides along with a bottle of wine which came to $400 with tip.

To get out having spent $150 or even 200, you're going to be getting a steak and a side each... Which to me would definitely not make for an enjoyable dinner.

Double digits!
  15. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jean Georges at Aria. Fantastic atmosphere, fantastic service, and absolute top notch quality. I prefer it over Prime or SW Steakhouse.

16. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's steakhouse?

Here we go again!
  17. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.