1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another short 30 hour trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by neuroboy, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Post trip report.

I couldn't get any time off of work, so I had to make this another 30 hour trip to Vegas from the East Coast.

I had planned on giving Hunter and PHo some play, to help get some rooms for a friend's bachelor party coming in July.

The trip started off poorly, as I missed by 2pm flight on Southwest - and not a big deal, since I could cancel and push it back to 4:30. But I didn't leave work until 4:30, and so that flight was cancelled too -- and the last flight of the day on Southwest had sold out. Probably a sign I should have stayed home. Went to the ticket counter at US Air, and they wanted $700 for the last coach seat, on the last flight. I asked them to hold it, and while I was standing at the ticket counter with them, I saw it was $179 on USAir.com. For some reason they couldn't find that price in their system, and so I furiously pecked away at my phone to get that last ticket...and viola! Got lucky and snagged the last ticket.

However, that meant arriving in town close to midnight now, and by the time I got showered and dressed it was closer to 1am.

I went off to SLS to meet Pleeplus and broncofn -- good guys, and I got to see how much Pleeplus likes to party! Unfortunately I was in the club for about 30 seconds before leaving. -$30 for 30 seconds of club time.

After dropping off Pleeplus in the room, broncofn and friends and I played some blackjack. Good guys. I bought in for $2k, and promptly lost it all, and I'l blame it on the soft 17 table we were sitting at. Still, good times, and they dropped me off at the Cosmo, while they went back to Aria. -$2k SLS soft 17 blackjack

I walked inside to pick up my promo chips, and took out a $5k marker at my favorite table - which is also PTs favorite table. It's about 4am by now, but his favorite crew isn't in today, but my favorite cocktail waitress is, and she pretends to remember me, as I tip her nicely. I was down to $2k, when a shooter got hot -- hit the SMALL, then the ALL, and after resetting, hit the TALL again before sevening out. By the end of his roll, I had about $4k on the table, and colored up $18k. +13k Cosmo craps at 4am

I then walk into the famed Cleopatra II slot machine in the high limit room and promptly lose about $3k in that machine without a single bonus round. Arrrgh! I walk around the high limit room and throw away another $2k before going to sleep.

The next morning (after 3 hours of sleep), I decide to concentrate my play at Pho and see what I can do there. I've never won at Pho, so maybe I should've stayed away.

I start off at Super Five Play video poker at a terrible paytable, but that's what Pho has...and actually I'm staying above water to start. I'll put the pictures in the next post, but after a few hours of play, I've gotten several handpays, and by the feel of the thickness of the cash I have in the pocket...I'm up a little bit.

I then stop off at one of the Cleopatra II machines there at Pho, which are one to ten cent denominations, but essentially $20 a pull at the 10 cent denomination. I then proceed to dump about $5k into that stupid machine with a few bonuses but nothing over $500. I hate you guys for getting me on this Cleopatra bandwagon.

After losing a few hundred in a number of assorted slot machines, I walk over to the craps table. It's about 9pm and my flight leaves at 6am Sunday am.

I slowly buy in with all the cash in my pocket...and it is terrible. Pho is bleeding me dry. With the cash I brought and the money I won at Cosmo...over the first few hours, I'm down another $10k, and can't get anything rolling. At about midnight, two nice girls from Louisiana come up to the table right next to me, after getting out of the Britney Spears show, and announce it's her birthday, and they are going to play. Well, we order drink after drink for her birthday, and I'm helping her out by placing some pass line and odds bets for her, and $25 at a time, the brunette birthday girl builds herself up to about $600. She's having a great time, her friend is blasted and flirting with the british guy at the table who has been playing as long as I have...and I'm treading water at this point.

I look down at my watch and it's 3am. I've been standing here at the craps table for 6 hours...didn't eat dinner, and toasty thanks to my new friends. The brunette, who is about 5'8", 130lbs, cute, and flirty decides she has to take her now wasted friend back to her hotel room before she passes out. She invites me to then hang out and party...she doesn't have anything else to do until a 3pm spa appointment the next day.

Argh!

I have to think really hard...but there's no way I can miss work Monday and I can't risk not getting home. Birthday girl was ready to party, and I turned her down. I'm so dumb. Well, there will always be next time.

I slide in my card into a slot machine before I leave to check my tier credits.

I'm a degenerate.
    I have collected 26,000 tier credits over the past 12 hours. Since a lot of that play was video poker, the coin in was probably in the neighborhood of $200k?

And I don't even have a random vegas hookup story to show for it.

Final stats according to my wallet:

Down $12k (up 8 at Cosmo, down 2 at SLS, down 18k at Pho)
    Craps rating at Pho $1500 / bet x 6 hours
    No vegas stories, no need for Valtrex or antibiotics :)

2. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some vp wins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report!

Sucks about the timing with that girl though. Almost as brutal as those Cleo 2 results! :(

Also pretty rough with all those Aces w/o the kicker. At least you got a Royal though!

4. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thirty hour weekend in Vegas from the East Coast. You, my friend, are AWESOME!

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was great meeting you neuro. Wish I would've known you were coming to meet at life. I would've came out to get you instead of paying $1 a second just to make a quick u-turn to help me with the drunk (no offense pleepleus).

Let me know if you ever wanna meet up locally.

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    delete

7. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

I got my antibiotics. LOL. BUT it was not for Vegas actives. I got a sinus infection before the trip.

Neuroboy sorry I just missed you.... I hate PHO. I've lost so much there.

Nice hits on the VP. I'm still looking for my first Royal flush.

You should have played blackjack with me and Broncofn. I think MGM is the place for blackjack. The Trop only if you can get them to have the same rules.

Broncofn and I got them to do the stand on soft 17 on the double deck.

8. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    delete duplicate

9. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time ask for Azithromycin. It will cover your sinus bugs -- and some of the other bugs you can catch while in Vegas. The Augmentin won't help you in that other category. Hehe.

Next time I am definitely playing blackjack with you two. I just couldn't get anything going this trip by myself. Well, I did lose with broncofn as well, but at least I had fun throwing that money away.

10. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I went up to the bouncer (there was no line)...and I told him my friends had a table inside. OK, what's his name? Uhhh...bronco? He looks at his list, shakes his head and walks away. After about 2 minutes of standing in a line by myself like a dumbass I said I'll just pay to get in. I should have just paid to get in, so I could have enjoyed an extra 2 minutes inside. Oh well.

Work often keeps me close to home, but if I ever do get out down there, Ill give you a shout.

Of course, next time we will hit the Aria big. Or at least you will, and I'll ride your coattails!

11. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time ill be sure to put the table under bronco lol

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A tip of the cap to you sir...flying from the East Coast for a 30hr trip is die hard!

Sucks to hear about the drain the PHo tables put on your 'roll...and the fact that you couldn't take the lovely lady up on her offer was a bummer. The only other option would be to have changed your flight until later and then slept...landed at home...and then went straight to work.

Landing at home after taking a red eye and going into work immediately after sucks...I did that twice and never again!

13. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the loss.

My type of trip....short

Thanks for the tr. That must of been difficult turning down to party with the bday girl.

14. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you forget your lucky craps shirt?

I didn't know you was flying in. I had to pick up some girls at the airport an then headed to SLS. I could have picked you up too. Plus got you in to the table. OK next trip.

15. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh. Sorry dude. I had too good of a time on an accelerated time table before you got in. At least you got to see first hand some of the craziness.

Sorry to hear about the loss.

When is your next trip?

16. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a wild trip. I would not be ready to leave Vegas after such a short period of time. Sorry to hear about the loss. Guess you got to get back soon and win it all back. Thanks for sharing your TR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.