1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another Golf Question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bluerider, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did a search but didn't find the specifics.

Looking for a decent golf course for a 3-some that includes a bogey golfer (~90 avg), a double bogey golfer (~108 avg), and a second-year beginner (~125+ avg).

We know to keep pace of play and the beginner knows to pick up when necessary.

A non-City course is preferred, as scenery would be appreciated.

We don't have transportation, are staying at the Mirage, and are looking to play on a Wed (or Thur) in mid-May.

We're looking to spend about $125 each max, with golf and a ride to/fro. This doesn't include rental clubs as we may have ours with us.

Late morning tee time preferred as some guys will be up late gambling.

I was thinking Arroyo, Siena, or even Angel Park (though I've played I've played there and would like to try a new course). I've seen some pretty good hot deals on Golfnow. Am I on the right track?

Any input on best transportation? We'd consider a rental car, but it would only be used for the golf day, I'd guess, as most of us aren't in driving shape while in Vegas. :beer:

Thanks!

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I'd rent a car for the day.

Check out Boulder Creek in Boulder City. See if you can get Eldorado as one of the nines. Paiute Sun Mountain is another awesome option.

3. Fafa2e

Fafa2e Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Ken that your best bet would be to rent a car. I'll throw out a recommendation for The Revere Golf Club (Concord and Lexington) courses. I played the Concord course last year on a golfnow hot rate for about $80 and the course is friendly to high handicappers as many of the holes run through canyons where errant shots tend to roll back into the fairway.

A few of the holes at Revere had good views of the Strip as well.

Bonus Money to Burn
  4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Another good option. Concord's a bit more out there in front of you than Lexington, but the routing is sour in spots. Lexington's still one of my fave tracks in town. And that view from Buckman's over that post-round bev …

Per the OP's query, I'd do Siena over Arroyo. And you know about Angel, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

5. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ended up only playing the one day, and it was at Arroyo on a $79/each Hot Deal. Nice course but the layout included a few seemingly long cart rides between holes. They also started us on #7 which was odd. We enjoyed the round and the scenery, and the course was in pretty good shape. Exception would be some of the greens, as they were invaded by other grasses.

I'd play it again, but it will likely be a while as I'd like to try others first.

Thanks for the input!

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post trip report on your thread. I wish more people would do this.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.