1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another CVS On The Strip?!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You read that right. There will soon be another CVS for you to retrieve ridiculously long receipts from on The Strip.

After recently opening a store at Treasure Island, CVS now has its sights set on the Grand Bazaar, according to VC strip frequenter, Paper Poster. PP tells us there is a big banner up for the drugstore up at Grand Bazaar, right next to Paris Las Vegas, which also puts it in prime view of the Bellagio Fountains. Earlier reports mention this will be a two-story, 20,000-sq. ft. sundry outpost.

Apparently, CVS realized that it was way too far for Vegas visitors to walk to Walgreens down on the corner of Harmon and Las Vegas Boulevard so opening up at Bally's was a smart move. *smacks palm against forehead.*

Currently, there are three CVS stores and four Walgreens on The Strip. God, we never thought we'd miss these old days when we used to pay for overpriced sundries at the hotel gift shop. FWIW, we still have that $15 comb we bought at The Venetian.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it is NEXT to the Grand Bazzar and not exactly part of it. It is where the Bally's parking lot sticks out with the Bally Driveway one side and the side driveway to Paris on the other. See this map I posted earlier You can actually see the small HalfPrice ticket trailer in the picture which has now moved. There is a large sign there now advertising CVS.

The latest overhead map/photo shows the Grand B still under construction - guessing maybe late last year.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said. I know I've been very thankful for the Walgreens at Palazzo.

Weirdest thing I ever saw locally was a Walgreens in the parking lot of a CVS. They managed to grab the spot because CVS doesn't sell tobacco products and Walgreens does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.