1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another coupon question

Discussion in 'Coupon Swap' started by Chrisnewton, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After going on las Vegas advisor (thanks to some good advice on here) I am on the verge of being a member, one question though, I clicked on a few vouchers terms and conditions and kept coming across membership.

Eg

This voucher entitles bearer to one free breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffet, when accompanied by a cash-paying guest. Must be 21 years of age. Not valid with any other offer or discount. Management reserves all rights. Gratuity is not included. Must be a B Connected Club member. Membership is free. Please stop by the B Connected Club to sign up. This voucher has no cash value, cannot be combined with any other offer, or used more than once. Reproduction, sale, barter and transfer are prohibited and render this voucher void. Offer expires December 30, 2013.

Does this mean you have to become a member if this hotel to be able to use voucher? I know it says membership is free but are they quick to sign up for? As I am only there for a week I don't want to be filing tones of forms in.

Thanks again for help

Chris

2. sm2420

sm2420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Chris, Yes most of the time you need to spend some time at the rewards center 1st to get their card, if your lucky no line-up, but what I do is have someone from my party go to the buffet and get in line (because there is always some sort of wait time for buffets...) while I sign up for the card...
    oh and don't forget your I.D. (no I.D. no sign-up)

3. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks is it a quick process to get membership?

4. sm2420

sm2420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very quick if no line up.
    but realistically there is always a couple of people, and from my experience some of the hotel employees filling out the info don't seem to move too fast... lol

5. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for help

6. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes it does

7. Elaine Vegas

Elaine Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It takes us an average of 5-10 mins to sign up at most places. One place, we waited nearly 20 mins in line. One or two places, we walked right up.

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is some additional information, regarding those LVA 2/1 buffet coupons for the Boyd properties ... Main Street Station, Fremont, and Sam's Town.

** For Main Street Station and Fremont buffets, you can take the LVA 2/1 coupon to the Player's Club first (with your player's card & ID), and they will then process a separate 2/1 voucher to take to the buffet. AND, with that voucher, you will then be able to use your card points to pay for the 2nd person.

** At Sam's Town, for some strange reason, you have to take the LVA 2/1 coupon directly to the buffet cashier (with your player's card & ID) ... but the cashier there will only take cash for the 2nd person (no points allowed).

In addition, out at the SunCoast (another Coast/Boyd property), you can still take your LVA 2/1 coupon directly to the buffet cashier, AND use points.

The directions on the back of all of the LVA 2/1 buffet coupons have that blanket statement of "a cash-paying guest". I don't know who came up with that, but different properties are still treating it in different ways. We have been to all four of the above buffets.

9. wizzeewigg

wizzeewigg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Under the terms and conditions on the LVA coupon website, most say "This is NOT a valid coupon. Offer must be presented intact in Member Rewards Book."

is that true? so it is pointless to swap an ACG coupon for an LVA buffet coupon?

10. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I trade for those coupons all the time. *** With a very tiny wisp of clear glue, you can re-insert an LVA coupon back into the Rewards Book ... not a problem at all.

11. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always pretend like I just finished tearing it out and have never been refused.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.