1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Andiamo at The D; My Review

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Yall, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might do a full post for our recent trip, but I felt a separate thread for our experience at Andiamo was warranted.

A large group of us went out last weekend for 4 days, in part to celebrate my 40th birthday. I wanted to have a fancy dinner at a nice steakhouse, and originally settled in on Gordon Ramsay's at Paris. However, they weren't being terribly accommodating about our "large" group of 12 and wanted an upfront deposit and offered only a limited menu due to our size.

After dealing with a less than straightforward process for a simple dinner reservation, we called Andiamo and they took the reservation without blinking an eyelash, and frankly I'm quite happy it worked out that way.

The atmosphere and service were nothing short of fantastic, with an old Vegas decor and white jacket/black tie attired staff. Special thanks to John and Mergim who attended to our every need.

The food was equally wonderful. We ordered a sampling of appetizers, including a plate of assorted meats, cheeses, and olives which was practically a meal itself and a dish of Italian sausages in red sauce that was also delicious. Rounding out the appetizers was a creamy lobster bisque, calamari, and maybe a few others that slip my mind (the benefit of a larger group was certainly that we were able to try many items).

Between courses everyone received a small dish of angel hair (or possibly capellini) in a rich vodka sauce. Very flavorful, and a nice way to ensure all then guests got something Italian as part of the experience.

The entrees left little to be desired. While there was less sharing, everyone seemed to be pleased with their choices. I went with the 10oz filet, with their "zip" sauce and was more than happy. The steak was cooked flawlessly, and the buttery zip sauce added a unique flavor. Other guests ordered a variety of steaks and sides, including crab legs, pasta dishes, and of course the massive 32oz tomahawk bone-in rib eye. All of the accompanying sides were tasty too (everything from baked potatoes to lobster Mac and cheese).

I had a complimentary birthday desert, something akin to a tieramesu. Very rich, but still not to heavy.

Keeping in mind that there were 12 of us, and we ordered at least one bottle of wine over $100 and had numerous cocktails as well, we were pleasantly surprised to see a bill of around $1,100.00. Considering the high quality of food and service, this seemed to represent one of the best values in Vegas.

Even Frankie Scinta (front man for the house act at the D) stopped by to say hello (well, I stopped him truth be told; I knew him from many years ago...).

All said and done, I cannot recommend Andiamo enough. Quality, price, atmosphere and service were all home runs.

Last trip as a non-parent...
  2. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    really nice review that place seems to be doing really well service and food wise glad you had a nice birthday experience

I am a fan of GR on TV, but honestly from the sounds of many reviews I will probably only ever hit one or two of his restaurants a single time just to say "I did it"......only a limited menu offering for a party of 12 is a real surprise.......that is a decent number of people, but GR portrays himself as someone that prides himself on getting the food out for all even in a party that size.....I think that is even one of the main points in some of the services on Hells Kitchen.......I suppose the deposit is probably just because as a popular "reality show owned restaurant" they probably do have an issue with groups (especially in Vegas) saying "yea GR's place" and then some fall by the wayside drunk or broke or just decide to go elsewhere and the party of 12 turns into 5.....the limited menu would have killed it for me too though especially for a birthday

glad you had a nice meal for your birthday and $1100 for 12 is not too bad at a higher end place with a lot of aps and wine

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great review. thanks for taking the time to post it.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually never heard of it, but we tend to eat where comped, so Redwood and Second St. Lots of great online reviews and I'd be willing to give it a try.

Anybody have a link to a menu? Everything I searched for comes up in Michigan.

EDIT, with prices!
    EDIT 2- How much is that tomahawk ribeye?

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that the restaurant that was originally at Harrah's several years ago?

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas
    My wife's birthday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.