1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

And so it begins... almost

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ButterflyMtn, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started packing some of my bags for the trip next week:thumbsup: got laundry done and everything hanging in the closet ready to go. Packed the shoes and part of the carry on bag. Have my envelopes for each day labeled and filled with $$$$...so excited!

So how soon do you pack for your trip?

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As last minute as possible.....I hate packing.

3. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started packing a few days ago (toiletries and miscellaneous things) and yesterday I started getting clothes into the bag. I have all my groupons, show confirmations, myvegas printouts and other miscellaneous paperwork (as well as my daily envelopes that I will fill once I am in vegas) in a folder that will be packed into a backpack that will be my carryon. I will finish up the packing Monday night. Tuesday morning out bright and early for the airport :banana:

4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go in July, packing now. :)

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My cat gets anxious when she knows I'm going to be away and it makes me feel so guilty about leaving. So I wait until the very last minute to pack. It's the last thing I do before heading to the airport. :eek:

6. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually end up packing the night before but usually it takes me into the wee hours. I find trying to narrow down which shoes to take is the hardest part, I try to keep it down to about 5 pairs.... I love shoes.... :D

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have almost 2 weeks to go...but clothes are hung together in the closet already, underwear in my suitcase, bathroom bags done. I have a detailed check list I keep on the computer and print out a month before my trip. I have 2 of everything I could possibly need for the bathroom bag so that can be packed and ready to go a month ahead of time. Meds are already bagged....suitcase and carryon are out with some things tossed in as I get them ready. The last minute items are the hardest...making sure I don't forget the dh's electric razor or any of the chargers we use on a daily basis...other than that things get checked off as they go in the bag.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip clothes are set aside and will be ironed tomorrow. Cash is in the safe and ready to go. Coins from piggy bank turned in today for tip money. Trashy magazines for flight purchased. Paperwork printed and in the appropriate envelopes. The next week us going to drag on forever :)

9. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to pack but hate to unpack...my bag will sit for days before I start to unpack it

10. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started this morning, half done on the checked in bag and the other half will be done once the Monaco F1 GP is over. Off to the airport to drop the bags off in just under 2 hours to save both queueing and time tomorrow morning. Once back I'll start thinking about throwing the carry-on together but knowing me that will probably actually get done last thing tonight.

Furry

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel packing early only increases the already agonizing anticipation that seems to drag on forever. Therefore I pack the night before and yup, I usually forget something!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  12. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just put my money in my envolopes now!!!!! I'm so excited I could really use a sleeping pill to knock me out because I will not be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

13. McGoo

McGoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always make a list of all the clothes and other items a couple weeks in advance. I try to pack as light as possible, this trip will be 8 days and I am packing only a backpack, and I never wear the same shirt twice. All in all I am packed up atleast one day in advance

14. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack the night before. Takes me a while to over pack so much :)
    I get things other than clothes ready a few days before hand.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack the night before.
    My wife starts a few days prior with misc items.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  16. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving early in the a.m. I am about half packed now so have the rest of the day to finish, I am usually not this last minute.

17. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is TOTALLY me!

18. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just packed!!!!

Butterfly, I see your dates coincide with ours, Macker is staying at Flamingo so maybe we'll see ya over there!

(even though I have no idea what you look like, maybe you'll hear that annoying Gaggles)

19. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always wait until the very last minute. It helps with trying to keep our cats out of our suitcases. Have a great time, win lots, perhaps we will run into each other. :)

20. bluesdude

bluesdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife and i are always partialy packed. we currently do not have any plans, but it wouldnt take us long to pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.