1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

An Exercise in Moderation - yeah, right!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by abrolsma, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Vegas – the name itself just makes you smile. You can’t help but get excited every time you hear the word. Whether you’re vicariously living out the trip on VMB or planning your own trip – the place is just magical. Ok – maybe not magical. Most of my trip require therapy when I return. But you get the point – the energy is amazing and you just don’t want to sleep.. fearing you may miss something. You want to take it all in and the sensory overload combined with binge drinking and copious amounts of gambling leaves you exhausted but poised for the next trip.

I will be partaking in my 20th trip this Thursday. For the first time – I will be spending the first two days alone with friends coming in late Friday night to hopefully be the voice of reason. Every boat needs a rudder and ours appears to be pretty limp. 5 days – 4 nights – little sleep. I’m a little nervous about the first two days. Without another friend there to distract me – I could see myself spiraling deep into a gambler’s abyss with zero bankroll left and a small incision in my left abdomen from where they extracted my liver. But without adversity there is no chance for greatness.
    It’s almost time to make history – or fail epically – but regardless.. I will be in Vegas and enjoy every waking moment.

So my first question to the board - since this is my first Trip Report - live ramblings from a drunken moron via tapatalk or compile notes and post a "real" report on my return.

and thanks to all of you for letting me sneak a peek at your trips and relive some memories of my own in preparation for this trip!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My personal preference is a complete trip report that I can read through in one sitting. But, as has been mentioned previously, the important thing is posting a TR, so do whatever you are comfortable with.

Oh yea, enjoy yourself and good luck!

Christmas
  3. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been meaning to do a trip report for years. I finally did a live report this past summer. I like reading them in any form but I found that posting via tapatalk with pictures and brief commentary was easier than compiling notes and trying to remember details.

4. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe and mwig: Thanks for your replies. I think I'll probably do some quick updates on this thread for highlights and then put a full report together. I've always envied those who have a gift of words.. who can paint a picture with their reports.. and make you feel like you're there right along with them. Hoping I can replicate to the best of my ability.

If not I'll throw a few F bombs in there to keep people interested. :)

5. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best trip reports are the drunken ramblings with photos!!

6. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Live with pics.............please !!:drunk:

7. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drunken ramblings with pictures... check! 13 hours until I can check into my flight..

8. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do live updates of mostly pictures with short comments. Once or twice a day I will expand a little on some details. After the trip, I will often add a bunch more details and color...

9. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks jd - I like that approach. Was thinking of doing that and using those plus my notes for a "proper" report. Nothing beats reactions in the moment and I have no filter... could be interesting.

10. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip. Looking forward to the report.

11. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked into my 7:50 AM flight out of SEA to LAS. Being a savvy traveler - I nabbed the Exit Row so I can help all the passengers in the unlikely event our flight turns into a breakfast cruise.

This day at work is going to be completely useless. Who's going to notice if I just sneak out a little early. Say 10 am?

12. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:

you sound sick, are you feeling well?
    go home and rest, check your temperature, I think you have the flu
    can't risk giving it to the whole office:wink2:

13. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    *cough* *cough* *horrendous sounding bodily function* *hack*

14. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok this sounds like Ebola
    as your unlicensed, internet forum physician I've taken the liberty of contacting HR for you
    now unfortunately the only in-network quarantine facilty for your PPO is in Vegas
    I suggest that the only prudent thing is for you to proceed immediately to check in
    and save your coworkers and frankly the entire nation

15. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frank - I feel like it's my civic duty as a true American to heed your advice and allow myself this extra time on WinPoker as my most likely chance for a full recovery.

16. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, if you do anything less then the terrorists win
    Don't support terror, go to Vegas

ps. Upon arriving at the clinic known as PH please be sure to check in with Dr Hunter by the HL room after 6 pm on friday

17. TimLion

TimLion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this thread.

And personally, I prefer live reports with pics. I'll be doing my best next week to regale you all with my lunacy.

Santé,
    TL

18. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't let the terrorists win... Lol

19. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I left work early just to be even more patriotic...er.

(Your post had me cracking up so I chalked it up to early onset dementia caused by the Ebola)

20. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, good luck fool!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.